So what did you do with your truck today?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yesterday with log truck.this was neat!

so with chip truck i went to grind some stumps yesterday with the stump grinder.at the last stump,there was also a large uprooted stump.someone was called to come haul it off but as 2 years went by they never did! i said,no problem.let me go get the other truck with the auto crane (i just took some logs off it the day or two before) and i'll haul it off for ya too.
so dirt and all i lifted that mother up,set her on and hauled it off.must of been around 1500 lbs or so id say.
that auto cranes been some handy! gotta get her lift gate put on still and iv got to paint that truck up so it looks good.gotta get to both of these things this year.can't keep putting them off.

with chip truck,it's back to the same old song and dance.hauling wood and chips.so nice knowing she's all solid up front again with the solid rad support.

i shoulda took a pic.that stump with roots/dirt was just about as wide as the 8' wide bed and she stuck up higher than the stake sides.:D

getting payed for playing.you can't beat that with a stick.;Sweet

Last edited:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
IH and all! Looks like they should clean up nice too. I went with big ones and still sprung for 5" convex mirrors to get a full field of view.

Last edited:

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Went to go fishing with my brother, made it less than 10 miles and clutch went to the floor. Pulled over and found the clutch line had come out of the bracket holding it to the fire wall and landed on the up pipe and melted in two.

Drove it back to their house, went fishing with another truck, then drove it back to my house. I'll drive it to work tomorrow and fix it.

Good news is with the turbo you barely feel the boat back there.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't know if the parts store would have it, but you can get the metal line from the newer trucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

93yacht

Reaction score
Yesterday I put a starter button in, dropped the main fuel tank and put the one from the parts truck up, cleaned injector bores, swapped in some used but better injectors, new return lines, new fuel filter filled with atf and let it soak in the pump overnight...today I ran it hard but the metering valve is still sticking, I believe that its the original pump with 260,000 miles on it so gonna swap it out probably next weekend....pulled off the parts door that I needed to change the banged up one, pulled off the bumper and tow package from the parts truck....contemplated about pulling the back glass from the parts truck (it has the sliding back glass and mine doesn't)

93yacht

Reaction score
swapped injector pumps today which was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be...fired her up and she's leaking at the top of #1 injector where the nut is...looks like I'll be replacing the line with the one off of the old pump...it's dark and I was a lil pissed so I really didn't get a chance to see if it's possible to get to it without pulling the pump back off...oh well, like pops always says "it aint nothing but some nuts n bolts...just make sure you have cold beer, and lots of it"

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been several weeks since I installed the FORD alum diff cover. Finally took a pic of it.
You must be registered for see images attach

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got one of the IH mirrors attached to old Ernest today. Other one mostly done but had to go eat first. Can't wait to go for a ride and finish making it look a bit cleaner.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They're on! Still got some painting and cutting to do someday but they're aligned and work well and look good too! Now do I want to add some turn signal LEDs on them as well...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck...........

just working it,but the thing is; i keep expecting the starter to grind every time i go to start it still.:D
(due to replacing flex plate with rounded teeth,recently)

They're on! Still got some painting and cutting to do someday but they're aligned and work well and look good too! Now do I want to add some turn signal LEDs on them as well...

not to nitpick or anything but it's too bad you didn't wire them up to your batteriers so you don't have to drive it just around the yard with the a/c cord plugged in.;p

:sorry: lame i know,long day lol!

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My alternator belt went MIA today. I've known for months that the belt was bad, but I've been too lazy to do anything about it. That laziness came back to bite me today, but at least there was nobody in front of me when the power brakes suddenly disappeared. One AAA tow and two trips to the parts store later, and I'm back in business and now I know how to do belts on my truck. Learning is fun! :D

Also, for the last few months I've had a coolant loss mystery. No drips, no oil / coolant mixing, no bubbles in the rad or overflow, no smoke, nothing, it just kept wanting more and more coolant. Was starting to think that maybe my head gaskets were going bad, but while looking for my MIA belt I noticed an intermittent puff of steam. I tracked down the source: the hose clamp on the thermostat housing. Cheap Chinese garbage. At least it's an easy fix! :D

Now I need to stop being lazy and get the hydroboost swap over with... I have all the parts, I just really don't want to play under the dash.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
My alternator belt went MIA today. I've known for months that the belt was bad, but I've been too lazy to do anything about it

I've been having that feeling for a while, TOB has been squealing since Jan and I havent tried cramming some grease in it yet......
but I got one of the greasable ones off fleabay and if I have to I'll do a pressure plate when it goes LOL

picked up a load of 1" DOM aluminum tubing, got it free from a now defunct boat custom shop, they used to make bow rails
about 100 10' sticks ;Sweet
I'm thinking I might do a psycho-light locost 7 build......

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled it up with loose parts that were all over the place in front of the garage. then I parked it on an angle that nobody could see behind the garage to all my toys in the back yard.

son's 7th birthday party today , not sure if any of the parents are township employees, been warned before to clean up my unplated vehicles. I have cut it in half but hey its a hobby/addiction..................

my daily driver probably shouldn't have plates on it even the body is so rusty :rotflmao

PaulRicciardi

Reaction score

This was yesterday but hauled my little street strip VW 240 miles round trip to go racing. Fun time, truck did great with the turbo on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online