So what did you do with your truck today?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I custom fit my windshield shade..now it fits tight is easy to place too.

Also began working on the race car window netting idea. Looks like this will be the bomb

That will be five windows open in total....now to get sign guy print me a WARNING sign for windo too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Should help keep Sherydan cooler and less hassle by idiots.

Grendel

Reaction score
Replaced broken and deteriorated clearance lights with Smoked Lens and LED Bulbs. Then replaced the 35" TSL Thornbirds on 16.5" tires and wheels with Toyo M608Z 265/70R19.5 on Vision Heavy Hauler 81 [Black] wheels. I could not be happier with my wheel and tire replacement, these Toyos are way rounder then any tire I've had on the truck; requiring very little in balancing weights. After some front end work this summer and now these wheels and tires the truck has never been so easy to drive. No longer wonders around like I'm on bias-plys anymore.

Next, it is time to dump the rag joints and install borgeson shaft and joints!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck.
fuel filter light came on,under load.i just changed that,last December with the bull moose install.sure didn't last long.replaced it with another racor f829b and no more filter light,under load.
it might be good to have a lower micron filtration but whats good about a 60k mile filter only lasting for around 2k miles lol.hope this one lasts longer........like 58k miles longer.:D

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score

Got another piece of the puzzle installed today after a 7 hour fight. First, the Reese 30035 is a sad, pathetic replacement for the old universal 5th wheel hitch installation kit (which I have on Bruiser). The rails are just barely not wide enough to wrap around the frame (the frame mount brackets that the rails bolt to that is). AND my cordless drill (which could've handled all the step up drilling just fine) only had one battery that has decided to s*** the bed, but I won!

...and then the camper sheared a pin in the gear box on the driver's side landing leg.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. Today I got to replace a freeze plug. First it would not budge, then when it finally did.. it disappeared. . So I got to fish it out of the block. :rolleyes:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get up there, you mules!

same old song and dance.worked 'em.another good issue free week from the work horses.;Sweet

edit; well.a fuel filter for chip truck but,i guess i wont hold that against her.;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 5-20-16.jpg
    5-20-16.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 96
  • index.png
    index.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost 10L of coolant added..not sure *** happened there.....

Oh and new sticker...:rotflmao

That ought to **** off a few folks....

Last edited:

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it as it was meant to be used, picked up some metal roofing to replace the roof of my chicken coop after a very large branch crashed thru the old polycarbonate roof.

89 F-350 sc 2wd DRW 7.3 ATS 088, C-6 with Gear Vendor and a rats nest of wiring that was free with purchase.
00 Excursion limited, 6.8 4x4
2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic Sport 4x4 4.0 auto

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got my window together since a new bracket is as easy to find as unicorns

I count this tdi as a mini idi

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I got home from a trip that I swear I got terrible mileage on. 190 miles on a full rear tank (20 gallon. Guessing it was returning to the front tank?) and noticed while I was airing the rear tires that my passenger side axle shaft was loose!

All 8 flange bolts were loose and had obviously been rubbing the flange. Torqued them back down to 80 ft/lbs and checked the torque on the other side. Driver's side was still tight and showed no signs of movement.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got home from a trip that I swear I got terrible mileage on. 190 miles on a full rear tank (20 gallon. Guessing it was returning to the front tank?) and noticed while I was airing the rear tires that my passenger side axle shaft was loose!

All 8 flange bolts were loose and had obviously been rubbing the flange. Torqued them back down to 80 ft/lbs and checked the torque on the other side. Driver's side was still tight and showed no signs of movement.
Whoa scary! Glad you did a post trip check and found that

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
The terrible mileage got me thinking that I hadn't gotten around to airing up the rear tires. Had to yank the simulators just to check the pressure last year. I'll keep an eye on them and if they loosen again they'll get the loctite. Didn't leak though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online