So what did you do with your truck today?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know right?! lol.i got 'er! lots of seized up bolts where this trans hasn't been out in a while but i got 'er.
took the oil cooler down to the machine shop for repair too.so now just waiting for parts.iv never had chip truck torn down so much all at once before.front end stripped off and her trans dropped.she's naked!:eek:

attachment.php

just enough teeth rounded over where the starter wouldn't engage every 10th start or so.sounded horrible/junky so i have to fix it.

Attachments

• c.JPG
    c.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 117
  • index.png
    index.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 15

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing terribly exciting , nor was it anything that's at the top of the list of needs, but, with the weather heating up and the ac not working, I had to fix the passenger side window, so new regulator and motor fixed her right up.
Tomorrow I'm replacing all the lights on my running boards with clear lens, amber led 3/4" Round flush mount lamps.
Like I said, not too exciting, but it's one little bit at a time.

89 F-350 sc 2wd DRW 7.3 ATS 088, C-6 with Gear Vendor and a rats nest of wiring that was free with purchase.
00 Excursion limited, 6.8 4x4
2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic Sport 4x4 4.0 auto

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I had some of y'all around here that really know these trucks inside and out to help me solve some of my more challenging issues. I really need to pull my bed and address my fuel system but it's hard to get done without some help.

89 F-350 sc 2wd DRW 7.3 ATS 088, C-6 with Gear Vendor and a rats nest of wiring that was free with purchase.
00 Excursion limited, 6.8 4x4
2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic Sport 4x4 4.0 auto

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i let paint cure!
well thats my excuse for not doing a damn thing and picking up yet another project!
i swear this is the last project im getting....
ive got more projects than a hollywood ****** has customers!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got the e4od back in chip truck.still waiting for rad support mounts/hardware.supposed to be here Monday.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Took a break yesterday from working on it. Did finally take it on a maiden voyage Wednesday. Hoping to be driveable after this weekend. Got a few things to finish up like wiring fender lights and adding more than 2 bolts to the bed.

Tuffbuddy221

Reaction score
Today, she got me to work. I know, not a huge accomplishment, but I have been fighting a cooling issue. I have finally gotten it fixed!!!! The rebuilt IP pump that was installed, along with new injectors, has given "Betty" a new life. I also have a 93 Ford F-150 gasser, but I gotta say, "Betty" is sssssooooo much more fun to drive. A big shout out to "Bakers Diesel" in Ogden Utah for keeping "Betty" on the road.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Just drove it lol I've gotta return line issue but no big deal I only fixed on side last time so now I'll fix this side an be good to go. I gotta say I'm in love with the moose juinor but I really need to turn it down for now lol. Will it void my warranty or does anyone know cause I know I've heard of people doing it

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Talk to the man himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ya I messaged him cause I'm not in a real big hurry usally I'm busy an can't call lol if I don't hear back I'll call next week an find out I was just wondering if any of y'all knew cause I've heard of it being done

Just ignore this he messaged me back lol

Last edited:

Oelmensch

Reaction score
Well, not today, but yesterday, I drove it home for the first time.

1989 F350 Crew cab dually e4od auto with an ATS turbo kit, X89k miles (according to the front seats it could be anything from 189k-389k), but for $1200 I can't complain too much.
Body is solid, front seats are gonna get the junkyard swap special, engine ran well (need to compression test and some other inspection before I start in on baseline maintenance and whatnot), steering is... like a big truck, but could be worse.

The only two serious nuisances are the brakes and the transmission:
Brakes act like the booster is going out, sucking at the pedal towards the floor rather than any other booster I've seen die where you have to stand on the brakes to slow down. Aside from having to use my toe to lift the pedal a few times when engaging the brakes it stops great. Didn't try to lock them up though since I had a 26 mile drive home from where I bought it.
Transmission didn't like anything over 48mph, above that or with too much pedal near that and it would hunt between gears or possibly the TC locking/unlocking repeatedly until I slowed to <48mph. I haven't looked at the TPS output readings yet, but the tach plays dead until higher RPMs and about the same time it starts waking up the transmission gets all fussy, so I think that sensor is a safe starting point.

It is my first diesel and first pickup; I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you all as I get this thing sorted out for eventual camper duty and the endless trips to home depot that come with owning a house.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your tranny and brake fluid levels. Sounds like low brake fluid and maybe low tranny fluid.

Dave

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, not today, but yesterday, I drove it home for the first time.

1989 F350 Crew cab dually e4od auto with an ATS turbo kit, X89k miles (according to the front seats it could be anything from 189k-389k), but for $1200 I can't complain too much.
Body is solid, front seats are gonna get the junkyard swap special, engine ran well (need to compression test and some other inspection before I start in on baseline maintenance and whatnot), steering is... like a big truck, but could be worse.

The only two serious nuisances are the brakes and the transmission:
Brakes act like the booster is going out, sucking at the pedal towards the floor rather than any other booster I've seen die where you have to stand on the brakes to slow down. Aside from having to use my toe to lift the pedal a few times when engaging the brakes it stops great. Didn't try to lock them up though since I had a 26 mile drive home from where I bought it.
Transmission didn't like anything over 48mph, above that or with too much pedal near that and it would hunt between gears or possibly the TC locking/unlocking repeatedly until I slowed to <48mph. I haven't looked at the TPS output readings yet, but the tach plays dead until higher RPMs and about the same time it starts waking up the transmission gets all fussy, so I think that sensor is a safe starting point.

It is my first diesel and first pickup; I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you all as I get this thing sorted out for eventual camper duty and the endless trips to home depot that come with owning a house.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey! Welcome and congrats on the new truck. It for sure is gonna haul anything you need from HD home for yaLOL
I have the E4od too, and while no means an expert i've looked into the common problems and the Tach sensor, Speedo sensor and FPIL/TPS is super crucial to the tranny shifting right. I just had a weird instance where it felt like I was pushing in the clutch on a manual...all from a loose secondary pos batt cable. It's day one. you have a lifetime of problem solving ahead of you. With my truck, I kinda feel like I got married to a second wife...only we get along more consistently and it costs' me less:D

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we're down to one car today, I drove the truck ALOT. Mostly in tiny assed ATL suburb parking lots.:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online