So what did you do with your truck today?

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh, thanks man. I didn't even look at them, but I will now. I cleaned up the posts on the batt's themselves real good before putting the back in. Good thing my birthday is coming up, i'll be able to squeak some money farts out that no one will notice. I've thrown more money at the truck lately than the Wifey approves of, so If I can claim it as a B'day gift to myself to get the truck running I can do this without the grumbling.
I'll be hunting the threads for Battery cable information now.

Thanks FordF250HDXLT

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my "Brick House". Went trout fishing / camping over the weekend and it snowed!
You must be registered for see images attach

I've been standing on a trout stream when it was so cold the eyes were freezing up on my pole. Hell, I've been watching the riffles freeze in front of me. I have gotten a little softer or smarter... Not sure which.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Moose juinor installed and wow what a difference.ya there's a ton more smoke but there's a lot more power to much snappier throttle and way quicker.not sure on how it does on heat wise yet but I ran it pretty good an barley moved the needle so I think I'm good. I think it was the timing on the other pump causing so many issues

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced power steering gearbox. Drat I missed out on the group by after not checking the forums for 3 or more week.s

Checked the oil to see it's only used about a quart of oil in 3,000 miles. Time to change it soon though.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Washed and waxed the diesel after it got inspected this morning and washed and waxed the 150 and 250 and cleaned and armor all'd everything. Everything has fresh oil and nothing really needs attention for once. Even all have fuel. And I'm off all weekend and it's sunny and 70 for the next three days. Better go knock on wood before something breaks.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to look at the Batt cables and wire brushed all hot leads on the solenoid and terminals till shiny then coated with vaso and re-assembled, same with ground at radiator and PRESTO!;Sweet She fired right up. I'll be getting new cables soon but with the other two cars we have taking craps on us, it'll have to wait.
It was so nice to drive my truck today though:D

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where did my performance go in chip truck!!!???

is the question i asked myself during the last job or two of the season,last winter.
i thought,well perhaps it was the winter blend fuel and as a result,maybe i needed to tweak my hypermax smoke puff limiter when on winter juice.
so after work today i look around in the engine bay because it's still low on power this season..........oh i see! no wonder she wont boost beyond 5 psi or so.i had installed a T in the wastegate line for the hypermax SPL......well i had wire tied it back up out of the way.......mistake.:D the wire tie cut through the hose.so i snipped it back and shortened it up so no tie is needed and took it for a test drive...............holy crap.that's letting the MOOSE LOOSE again.;Sweet

now im ripping her front end apart to replace her rad support.scored a nice rust free one while staying in Oklahoma this last winter.i ran down into Texas and got a super nice clean one to go in......thread found here;
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?76227-l-k-what-i-scored-in-the-lone-star-today!

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Gauges installed. Was gonna reuse my old voltage gauge but don't have a light for it and it's kind of ratty. Deciding on a gauge. Likely will pick up a Westach voltage gauge to match. Did not hook up lighting yet as I want to wire all three for once and done on that bit at least. Curious how the lighting will be, they are single incandescent bulb on one side and not conducive to LED retrofit. Gonna take a little bit to get used to the dual gauges but will be nice to have all the important info at a glance vs looking below the dash.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are some interesting looking gauges Dunk.

i replaced the o-ring on my power steering pump's reservoir and the fittings o-rings while i had that out in chip truck.
i had borrowed a fuel filter o-ring for the res when i installed the hydroboost.pretty sure that seal shrunk a bit over time and was the cause of the slow leak.now with the proper o-ring on it i could tell it was much thicker,she should be good.surprised how long a fuel filter o-ring worked!:D

tomorrow im going to inspect my flexplate.i suspect im missing a couple teeth.every once in awhile the starter doesn't want to catch.already replaced the starter back along thinking it was the cause.oh man.probably gunna need to pull the trans and replace another flexplate.just replaced the one in log truck last season.it never rains,it pours!:D
ah well good time to get after it while the truck is down anyway.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more FSV.... Plumbed the aux. bed tank and filled with 50 gallons of W80. Mounted and plumbed the manual 3 port valves. Everything works great and the truck loves the stuff thus far. Start and shut down on the main tank... Once up to temp, flip the valves. A few miles from home, switch the supply back... then switch the return as I'm pulling in the drive. Helps limit contamination.

Anyways..

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well all I've done to my truck is burn 4 tanks of fuel runnin around the area this weekend.can you turn a moose juinor down to to about stock an then turn it up once I get my hypermax on?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are some interesting looking gauges Dunk.

i replaced the o-ring on my power steering pump's reservoir and the fittings o-rings while i had that out in chip truck.
i had borrowed a fuel filter o-ring for the res when i installed the hydroboost.pretty sure that seal shrunk a bit over time and was the cause of the slow leak.now with the proper o-ring on it i could tell it was much thicker,she should be good.surprised how long a fuel filter o-ring worked!:D

tomorrow im going to inspect my flexplate.i suspect im missing a couple teeth.every once in awhile the starter doesn't want to catch.already replaced the starter back along thinking it was the cause.oh man.probably gunna need to pull the trans and replace another flexplate.just replaced the one in log truck last season.it never rains,it pours!:D
ah well good time to get after it while the truck is down anyway.

Its alwas 1 thing before the next thing eh:rotflmao

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I just looked at her haven't had time with work to do anything with it.
I did pull the Injector line clamps for @Sparky95 tho so did get something accomplished today. Oh yeah and started pulling the dash on the Goose for the dash harness.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck..
uh oh.once i removed the inspection cover my suspicions were confirmed..............................

rounded off flexplate teeth.
attachment.php

now iv got to see if the local machine shop can weld my oil cooler for me.they did a good job before of welding up a trans cooler in log truck for me in the past.sure will beat having to replace it....
it's a slow leak but it's messy leaving stains everywhere.can't have that.looks like it's been leaking on the bottom.
attachment.php

now to go pull the trans in chip truck......it's like deja vu all over again.cookoo

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K7FJJG

one in log truck last fall because it broke.one in chip truck in the spring because of rounded teeth.lol!:eek::eek:

i can pull an e4od in my sleep.some people enjoy taking a walk in the park.me,i enjoy pulling an e4 on a monday afternoon.:D

just working hard so i can play harder latter.;Sweet

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 131
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members