So I'm on the fence for a MOOSE pump.

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I want to try a moose pump eventually but am wondering what kind of gains I'll get. My current combo of a 1985 E350, 6.9, ATS turbo kit, 7.3 pump set at 8.5, unknown injectors, wrapped up-pipes and partial down, and KnN filter is getting me over 15psi at 1200deg. If I want it. Cruising on the highway at 70+mph (in OD = 3.07 around 2500rpm) my EGTs stay about 650 and boost is around 5-6psi. My pyro is in the elbow on the drivers side. I do run hotter EGT's pulling, and power could stand to be improved. I see no black smoke but my rear mud flap gets sooty quickly after I wash it. Boost doesn't really shoot up until it's burried on the floor, then it rockets right up. Seems that at cruise speed, 70+ it's at 5/8-3/4 throttle. I plan on adding an intercooler this spring.

So. Do I need a Moose pump? I would like more power, dont we all, but don't know how these numbers compare to others. I don't care about "rolling smoke"

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bigrigdom

Reaction score
of course you need a moose pump, everyone does:D and i gotta say that is one sweet lookin rig you got there;Sweet . sorry to get off topic but how do you like that thing? there is one for sale near me for $4500 and I was thinking about goin to look at it.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen shorter stretch limos. I think it would be a neat rig as long as you don't have to make any U-turns or pay for fuel. My dually crew-cab cannot make a U-turn, so I can't imagine trying to make one in that rig.

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I love mine. Very easy to work on. Lots of room. Heavier than a pickup though. More frontal area too. But rock solid and stable for towing anything. Brakes very well and mine is surprisingly peppy. Once you adjust for the additional length compared to a normal van it's easy to drive. My wife drives it and has no issues.

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen shorter stretch limos. I think it would be a neat rig as long as you don't have to make any U-turns or pay for fuel. My dually crew-cab cannot make a U-turn, so I can't imagine trying to make one in that rig.

The pic is deceptive. A crewcab long bed is longer than I am. It gets around 15-16mpg. empty. Don't tow enough of a consistant load over a long enough distance to get towing mileage.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone has put one in a van yet. That would be cool. Of course you need one. LOL

tractorman86

Reaction score
check out this post Moose Pump Update i've heard gary has the worst luck of us all, he is doing good so far. i'd definately try one if i was force fed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin