Snapon MT1480 Mistake For $99.00

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW! What a great price. I couldn't pass it up so I just bought the last one. THANKS GARY!;Sweet There will be quite a few timing meters at the Rally this year eh?

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. They are new and ready to use but... They are all gone...:cry: So now I have 4 meters. A rotunda with the lumy and pluse adapters... A kent moore with the lumy and pluse adapters. A snapon MT1480 with only the lumy probe and a Snapon Mt1480 with both the lumy and pluse probes. I think its time to turn this into a job timing these motors.. Mel has the east coast covered and I will cover the west coast...:D Wow... Another chance of a lifetime ebay deal... Couldn't pass it up type.... I'm sure some of you guys are asking yourselves how do I find these deals...:dunno I really have no idea. I just opened an Email message from ebay about something I was watching and looked into what other like items were listed. I guess its just luck most of the time...

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you with your four timing tools all to yourself are doing a good job covering us folks without any timing tools ya joik lol ;)

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 3rd meter just now on Ebay!!! What a Find...this is my first tool of serious commitment to this truck, I'm so jazzed!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooo... does this mean I can leave my meter at home this year, and let somebody else do it? :D I can stand around, suck down a cold one and laugh at all the retards. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I guess so Mel... Gees... As I recall my truck was the hardest to restart after the pump change and the timing was way too far advanced... Nothing like being differant I guess. I will bring my meter or meters to the rally. Maybe have a timing contest... See who can do it the fastest....:sly Did you ever use the lumy probes I sent you for the Snapon meter you have? As I recall you wre going to do a conparison for both types of timing methods...:dunno

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have a timing meter coming, what is the best setting on our 7.3 idi n/a engines???

bradshep

Reaction score
Crap been looking for something like that for a long time. I was given a Rotunda 70-0100 but it doesnt have the glow plug lumy probe and I cant find one. Anyone know where you can buy one?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8.5 BTDC @2000 RPM plus or minus 2 degrees.

I'll be bringing mine too. I don't know how in the world to use it other than watching Mel do it at the Rallies. Maybe Mel can do a "how to use your timing meter" clinic at his "timing clinic".:rotflmao;Poke

Heath

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Now that I have a timing meter coming, what is the best setting on our 7.3 idi n/a engines???

If it's going by pulse timing spec, the factory setting was 8.5 deg before top dead center at 2000 rpm, but with the new ULSD fuel, 9.7 deg will make your engine run like it did before the fuel switch and you will get your power and fuel mileage back that was lost with the ULSD introduction. If going by a lumy spec, simply advance 1.2 deg ahead of the factory lumy spec ;Sweet

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooo... does this mean I can leave my meter at home this year, and let somebody else do it? :D I can stand around, suck down a cold one and laugh at all the retards. LOL

No, bring your meter cause I want to see how accurate mine is ;Sweet It's been used twice. Gotta love/hate ebay sometimes