smarty

dodge_is_diesel

Reaction score
does anybody know how much horsepower and torque a smarty tuner adds? everywhere ive looked doesnt mention it. also, im getting rid of my tst. ive had too many problems with it. should i take the smarty or go with an edge comp? the prices are pretty close and im not sure which one to go with. thanks guys

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
The Smary for the 24 Valves does not mention any info about gained HP just Fuel Boost and Timing if you choose an odd number!

I've had a Smarty on my '00 for about 2 years (maybe) and it's all I wanted and then some! having the ability to change the tire size etc, and checking and Clearing the codes is a big thing. Not that I have had any other than the ones you will get that are Normal w/ running the added timing!

when I'm pulling our 22ft horse trailer I've got it set on #3 which is where I like to be for power and milage. when it's not hooked to the trailer its set on fuel saver mode! which returned 23.3 MPG, hand calculated, on a 1000 mile trip! just a shade over 2 tanks!

of coarse there are those times when I want to play then I'll set it on #5 or #7! then you can go go go!

havent been brave enough to try out #8 or 9 as my OEM clutch wouldn't like that too much
Thats my 2 cents worth!

bentwings

Reaction score
I've had mine about 2 months now and love it. I'm still exploring it and documenting what it does. I get better mpg on SW3 than SW1. SW5 is fun and smokes more. SW7 and SW9 are too touchy on the throttle for me.

To answer the question I think it adds about 40-50 hp maybe a little more. About the same as an EZ. It's nice to be able to rev to 3500 or so and the boost fooler works great.

Batman

Reaction score
Same as both above, Love it!
It's supposed to be about the same as an EZ (as stated).

You can always add a fueling box later, if it's not enough for you.
I have BD3's, HX-40, 6 spd, and a Smarty. Great to tow, or haul!

George

lazermule

Reaction score
I've had mine for over a year now and I run the "Full Kung Fu" ;Sweet of SW9 all of the time. I just watch the EGT's and get out of it if need be. I get 22+ mpg calculated if I keep my foot out of it.

Seems like a complete pooch if I program it back to stock now....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online