Small junkyard score...

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
One set (8) injector lines w/ clamps, IP feed line from filter to pump, unknown high idle solenoid, IP wiring, 3-way T fitting for new style return lines and 7.3 filter head/sediment bowl = $21

;Sweet

So now i have 3 sets of injector lines, several 7.3 filter heads, 2 ip feed line, half a dozen IP wiring harness, 2 unknown high idle solenoids and a 3 way t fitting...plus various small items for the fuel systems on these trucks. Not to mention a spare vacuum pump, glow plug controller, 3 t-stat/gaskets, 2 oil cooler rbuild bundles, oilc ooler, 87-91 guage cluter, tach sensor, misc engine wiring, 42 glow plugs, head gaskets, rear main seal, starter solenoid, power steering pump/line, two return line kits and more stuff i havent found yet i been hording.

Next time i go im gunna try to snag another 3 way T, serp belt brackets and a core IP for ***** n giggles.

bayou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like me with my toyota stuff, i put together 2 22re engines from oil pan to efi-clutch to water pump. for my friend, and i still need to get rid of stuff!

im getting there on ford parts thou, already have two spare engines, 1 trans, pedals, booster, vac pumps. yeah, i think i need a pill for this.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Yup. My friend got all the parts needed to convert his truck to a 5 speed (crossmember, trans mount, frot shaft, flywheel, floor pan, slave and master cylinder) all for $50. Another friend got a like new radiator and fan/clutch for his F250 460 for $40.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I dont understand the need for all that.:confused:
It is one thing to have a spare, but triples and quadruples?cookoo

You have ONE truck, not a fleet of them. All you are doing is SCREWING the guy who really needs one and when he goes there they are all gone

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You have ONE truck, not a fleet of them. All you are doing is SCREWING the guy who really needs one and when he goes there they are all gone
For someone who's planning to keep his truck indefinitely, and knowing that parts sources for these trucks are getting more and more rare, I see nothing at all wrong with stocking up on spare parts. I'm limited by storage space; otherwise I would do the exact same thing. For all you know, that parts truck could be slated to be scrapped in a few days, and possibly those parts wouldn't have gone to good use by anyone if they hadn't been snagged just now.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score

First off, why does it matter what i do? Perhaps my intentions are to resell my extra parts or to let a fellow member have for what i paid plus shipping? Or perhaps i just like having multiples? I do agree with u that hording parts is just being a ****, but so is asking gold prices for something that is bronze quality price.

Its hard enough to find an IDI in the local yard here, let alone one that has a complete, undamaged, and clean fuel system. I have seen IDIs that had the injector lines cut off with a hacksaw to get the IP out, or beat the lines with a hammer just to be a ****, etc. So i grab what i can, when i see it. Do u think the person before me who grabbed the glow plug controllers off these two trucks (assuming it was the same person, same exact signs of removal) cared if another person needed such item? Just like every trip i take, its a gamble of what i need is going to be there. Granted im not going to stockpile 10 sets of injector lines.

And BTW, if u care...which i doubt u do...Maybe, just maybe i got them for someone who did need them? And it also comes down to, one set of lines i did buy off a fellow member, and the other items i have i bought and paid for from a store or online. The high idle solenoids are a gamble, will they work? Maybe but ill take two electrical parts to make sure at least one works that take one and not have it work. The wiring harnesses, I actually do need a few to make a complete harness as, again, some are hacked up and i jut got what i could.

Now Brad, i dont have much of a problem with u. And i tend to agree with most of what u say but dont judge what i do until u know the reason.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
First off, why does it matter what i do? Perhaps my intentions are to resell my extra parts or to let a fellow member have for what i paid plus shipping? Or perhaps i just like having multiples? I do agree with u that hording parts is just being a ****, but so is asking gold prices for something that is bronze quality price.

Its hard enough to find an IDI in the local yard here, let alone one that has a complete, undamaged, and clean fuel system. I have seen IDIs that had the injector lines cut off with a hacksaw to get the IP out, or beat the lines with a hammer just to be a ****, etc. So i grab what i can, when i see it. Do u think the person before me who grabbed the glow plug controllers off these two trucks (assuming it was the same person, same exact signs of removal) cared if another person needed such item? Just like every trip i take, its a gamble of what i need is going to be there. Granted im not going to stockpile 10 sets of injector lines.

And BTW, if u care...which i doubt u do...Maybe, just maybe i got them for someone who did need them? And it also comes down to, one set of lines i did buy off a fellow member, and the other items i have i bought and paid for from a store or online. The high idle solenoids are a gamble, will they work? Maybe but ill take two electrical parts to make sure at least one works that take one and not have it work. The wiring harnesses, I actually do need a few to make a complete harness as, again, some are hacked up and i jut got what i could.

Now Brad, i dont have much of a problem with u. And i tend to agree with most of what u say but dont judge what i do until u know the reason.

Nothing was mentioned in any of your Posts about getting parts for anyone else, unless I missed something. I am all for getting the parts before they are scrapped. But like I said in my 1st post. Having A Extra is one thing, having 3 and 4 extras is just screwing the next guy.

hell, I dont even have a problem with you getting them and reselling them, at least someone would get use out of them, but there AGAIN, that was not mentioned

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I didnt think it needed to be mentioned. Like i said, it doesnt really matter what i do with em...maybe ill make a necklace out of em and wear em like a rapper. Or hang em on the wall just to look at...

I just have em, if someone posts up they need something i have then ill offer. I do like to have two spares of everything, its just how i am. Its not like i have 17 IPs sitting in my storage room just there because i can have em. Only things i got from a junkyard that i have mutlis of are the injector lines, filter heads (in various states of completion), high idle noids and wiring. Everything else i bought either new, used from a member here or on ebay. So how is that screwing the next guy?

japar

Reaction score

86 F250 6.9 4spd 6"315's(RSK,Vcodes,powerstroke&ZF5 coming)

97 F250 CCSB 7.3 5spd 4x4. D60 swap, RSK, SD springs, 315s, DP Tuner, Gauges, MBRP 4" exhaust, Valair Clutch&SMF

96 F350 CCLB 4dr 460 Vortech SQ ZF5 ORUrsk+ 35's

94 Lightning RCSB bassani.exhaust.CAI.underdrive pullys(vortech waiting to go in)

80 F350 RCLB 429 C6 strictly pulling truck

04 Ranger X-cab 4WD 4.0 5spd Western 6.5' Uni-mount(commuter/beater)

99 F550 RCSB 7.3 6 spd 4x4 flat bed dump

Some people collect parts , some people collect trucks. Me I collect both !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828