SLK 320 CDI Tri-Turbo

Meta6981

Reaction score
Yes please, I'll take two. Very nifty Seth drove a CDI today and it was incredably fast. They need to have them in US.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought there would have been more of a response than this...I agree with Trevor, though; need to start importing them (after disbanding the CARB)...

Meta6981

Reaction score
Hear Hear, Carb must be slapped upside the head :backoff :backoff , because these new diesels are proably cleaner then gasoline, and they are now quieter too. There is more valve noise on the MB v-6 gasser than the CDI. They also have more pickup on the low end, but can be beat on the top side but i am sure mods can be done to change this around.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
They are cleaner over there where diesel fuel is held to a standard. Over here diesel fuel is just about the worst in the world. If they have a mystery fuel at teh refinery, they just throw it in the diesel. We also have the lowest cetane ratings. Bring a refined diesel like that here and it will die on our fuel.
Ken

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Point...that's supposed to change in '07 IIRC.

But, when it does, people are going to throw a fit about fuel costing that much more...

Meta6981

Reaction score
whaddaya mean GOING to throw a fit they already are. Least we got a little bit of a break. ANd to the crappy diesel in NJ the older benzes will run it or add a little booster to the fuel.