Simple exhaust for every day use

vlrd56

Reaction score
Hi every body,an other question from old europe (France).
This week-end we drove in the muddy woods whith children to find frogs and I broke my exhaust .
My truck is a F250 extended cab with lond bed I thinck from 1991.
Which complete exhaust from the end of the Y to the back of the rear wheel could I be sent .It needs to be simple,strong,no care about noise,cheap would be a +,
.I checked the posts but my actual exhaust has flanges and some I found on US supplyers are connected with clamps ?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images
[/url][/IMG]

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Can you post pics of the flange you are talking about? Also, are you wanting something in France, or something shipped over there?

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
If you can get a powerstroke stock exhaust they work great! I used one from a 95 powerstroke on my extended cab and it was very quiet. Also seamed to run better then with a 2.5" straight pipe

vlrd56

Reaction score
It is not turbo charged,

This is what I call flanges .
I 'd like to buy them in us to be shiped in france

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Okay, go to rockauto.com, and then go to Ford>1994 Ford F350>7.3L Turbo Diesel>Exhaust and check the sizes on those flanges. All the N/A listed are clamp on, turbos have the flange.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
None if my trucks have turbos :D I cut right behind the converter and adapted it to my y-pipe.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Shipping would be insane on something that heavy ( I get European car parts shipped the other way all the time ) Why don't you just find a heavy truck parts dealer and get some 4" pipe and fittings and a nice long straight through big truck muffler ( work out your bends with some old wire so you'll know what angle pieces to get, get the band type clamps if at all possible instead of ubolts so you gan take pieces off to work on it later) then take teh last piece at the front to an exhaust shop and have an adapter fabricated. to match the Y pipe. Youll save a fortune and have parts that will outlast the truck instead of the usual consumer faire that you get with kits

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can make you one and ship it over... but i only make one model. :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

vlrd56

Reaction score
Your idea of doing an exhaust made in local stuff was my first but more difficult and needing time and not so cheap compare to the prices of Wagner mufflers even sent to France .
We have mufflers shop but no american trucks.

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just build your own! If you run it out in front of the tire it's an easy job... You can even build your own muffler if you're really cheap ;Sweet

vlrd56

Reaction score
I am not so cheap but I run out of time between my owmn work and my parents "gardening" on week-ends where the Ford helps in carrying timbers,cleaning stalls,going to the garbage yard ....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Your idea of doing an exhaust made in local stuff was my first but more difficult and needing time and not so cheap compare to the prices of Wagner mufflers even sent to France .
We have mufflers shop but no american trucks.

I'm not talking about american truck exhaust parts, I'm talking about going to the nearest heavy truck parts supplier i.e. MAN , VOLVO Iveco, etc and getting loose exhaust pieces. THey will have just the raw pipe , pre formed bends and muffler where you can cut down and clamp together a full system to shape in a very short time and then have an eshaust shop fab up an adapter to the y pipe. Set it to come out in front of teh rear wheel and its a super simple setup and will cost little. Some of those kit exhausts have rather restrictive mufflers, or they go the other way and have ones that do nothing, A nice big straight through commercial truck muffler is what most have found to be an effective setup ( in reality it is what the engine was designed for ) When I removed my stock muffler it was so clogged with soot, I couldnt even lift the thing So much for chambered mufflers on a mechanical diesel

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my quick fast and in a hurry exhaust. Not a very good picture but its the only one that lets you see most of it. It goes, y-pipe to john deere muffler, to 3.5" pipe that was then cut and welded to a 90. Total investment for me was like 20 bucks fro the muffler. I just scrounged everything else.