Shop Manual/ Wiring Diagrams Needed - 1990 7.3 IDI NA XL

TexasTruck

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of electrical problems that all seemed to pop up at the same time the other day when I stepped on the high beam switch to make sure I was good for inspection.

Apparently no low beam headlights now (they worked before testing high beams, high beams work though), running lights work but brake lights not illuminating, OD light not working now and lord knows what else. It's been raining so I've not got a chance to get back out there and look for more problems.

Also E4OD when I shift to first feels like the trans is slipping and high revs to get it to move forward. Reverse works fine. Manual shift to 2nd and low 1 seems to give more power but not as strong as it is in reverse. (This may be other issues)

Best place for me to start looking is at wiring so I need some help to find wiring diagrams, shop manual and maybe codes etc.

I looked around for a couple hours on here and the web but I can't seem to find anything older than 2005.

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the RABS light is on. I had a broken brake line so I ran a new one. I never could get this light to go out. I bled each wheel but not the RABS itself. It may be part of the problem.

Also wipers no longer working.

Last edited:

TexasTruck

Reaction score
Looks like I should replace the head light dimmer switch.

The brake lights are rigged from PO into a trailer brake controller. It was a loose wire. It needs to be soldered. Must have kicked it loose with my gun boots when I was messing with the high beams.

So the main thing right now is the OD light not working. I believe this is why my tranny is not working right.

Edit: I just noticed the tach isn't working. It is a new sensor in the I put it on a while ago and has maybe 20 hours of this for on it.

Last edited:

TexasTruck

Reaction score
I disconnected/reconnected this relay and tapped it a couple times. Tach started working and I got my power back. OD light/button orange again.

Checked all fuses must have reset the things that weren't working in my truck. So that's a good thing.

Drivers side fender near coffee can evap.

What is that relay called so I can get a spare?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211002_173406_HDR.jpg
    20211002_173406_HDR.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7