Shocking Experience

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
What gives? Just recently when ever I shut off my truck and exit the vehicle, as I close the door I get a shock! It's a like static electric shock. There's a little spark and a shock. I can even hear the crackle of the spark and it hurts like hell. What could be causing this and what do I do to stop it? Does it have anything to do with the shoes I'm wearing or the carpet in the truck? I don't have a clue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Y2KPSD

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
When you find out.....let me know! I'm tired of getting zapped when I get out of mine too. HURTS LIKE HELL! Come on guys.....whats causing this??????

Kevin

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
bigdraft said:
When you find out.....let me know! I'm tired of getting zapped when I get out of mine too. HURTS LIKE HELL! Come on guys.....whats causing this??????

Kevin

maybe you guys live in dry areas. It happens here sometimes, but not usually.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't usually post over here, so if you reply and I don't see it, I'm sorry. Usually static like that occurs when the seat and your clothes react in a bad way. If you have a wool seat cover, or something like that, it will really get you. There are a couple things you could try. If you have a cloth seat, or seat cover try some of This or this kind if you have leather or vinyl seats. There is a good article on this problem Here

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
I always get zapped when getting out, usually when I get home I zap the dogs first. This way, they respect me more LOL

jimbob77

Reaction score
try holding onto the door as ya get out. don't let go until your feet are planted on the ground. it is just what you say static electricity. it happens to me usually when wearing a sweatshirt.

BJS

Reaction score
I saw a little gizmo hanging off of a camry today that would solve your problem basically it's a grounding strap that hangs down to the road. I saw the lady in the parking lot and she said that her hubby put it on there for her (didn't know where it came from) and that it did help keep her from getting shocked.

Tripp16

Reaction score
BJS, I remember seeing those ground straps on cars when I was about 4-5 years old. (about 35 years ago) I remember asking my dad what they were and him explaining them.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
ok here is a solution if you want one

i fix computers at work, static is a VERY big no no while tinkering with a pc... we spray our chairs down with a anti static spray available at just about everywhere that sells computer stuff (maybe wal mart) just spray it on your seat (clear and doesn't smell) or your rear and no matter how much you wiggle you won't build a charge... lasts a week or so before you need to spray it again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online