Seat belt extension

Jim Sisson

Reaction score
I've seen that type of extension. The one I saw belonged to my grandfather. He was disabled, and could not seat "correctly" in a standard automobile seat. He had Scoliosis and did not sit "straight" in any seat/chair. He had an extension that was similar to this (his was for the 80's Chevy Belts) that with this extension, allowed him to better position the seat belt for comfort/safety, since we wasn't where the belt was designed to be used. I believe they could also be acquired for those, as stated above, are well nourished. However, I am 6'4" and 350+ lbs, and I personally have not had an issue with fitting any seat belt, as supplied with the vehicle. There have been a few that have not had a whole lot of slack once fastened, but they still fastened and worked fine.

Jim Sisson

Reaction score
I just picked up a seatbelt extender from my local Ford Dealership for my pregnant wife. It was free. The parts guy said that they were required, by law, to furnish them, free of charge (at least in Washington State), to comply with mandatory seatbelt laws in the state.