Seat belt extension

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Found 2 of these behind my seat while looking for my build sheet.

Did these come with the trucks back then and any body still have these?

Apparently seat belts on the 80’s models weren’t long enough for those of us who are well nourished, ha ha!!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My F150 had a custom mounting kit for the rear bench seat. It raised the seat by about 3.5", and required the use of seatbelt extensions. I liked it so much that I modified my F250 the same way. Mine used steel flat bar stock though. I haven't seen that style of extension before.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen that type of extension. The one I saw belonged to my grandfather. He was disabled, and could not seat "correctly" in a standard automobile seat. He had Scoliosis and did not sit "straight" in any seat/chair. He had an extension that was similar to this (his was for the 80's Chevy Belts) that with this extension, allowed him to better position the seat belt for comfort/safety, since we wasn't where the belt was designed to be used. I believe they could also be acquired for those, as stated above, are well nourished. However, I am 6'4" and 350+ lbs, and I personally have not had an issue with fitting any seat belt, as supplied with the vehicle. There have been a few that have not had a whole lot of slack once fastened, but they still fastened and worked fine.

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting, wasn’t sure if it was something you had to buy from the service department or if they were included in with the truck back then.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those extenders are a godsend on the bullnose trucks for some unknown reason. I too, fall in the fat kid territory.
If the OP doesn't need them, I'll buy them :D

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Used to be a standard accessory you could get from the dealership parts dept, now you have to order them off of amazon.....

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mines in rough shape, I use it as a grease rag so I don't get my steering wheel dirty. Driver side half is basically black lol

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy those at the parts dept. I see many come through my shop.

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seat cover works alright now after my wife added some more straps to keep the back portion of it from sliding down...kept sliding down because of the cardboard on the backside of the seat

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
as calvin said, the bullnose trucks suck in the seat belt department. my pops(6'1", 360 lbs) cant fasten the seatbelt.