Search won't cooperate simple question

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere about using a powerstroke oil filter instead of the IDI filter. I am due for an oil change and just wanted to verify which filter it is. My info says 95 Powerstroke filter. Is this correct?

And the reason I had to ask is that the search won't recognize the word "oil" When I searched for "oil filter" it gave me the results for "filter". When I searched for "oil" it came up with nothing. It said it was probably too common. If I am doing it wrong please instruct me in the correct method. Thanks.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a Motorcraft FL1995 that is the power stroke filter that fits the IDI. When you get the filter take a permanent marker and cross out the Powerstroke word for it to filter properly. In it's place write IDI in big letters.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was using the powerstroke oil filter (FL-1995 I think)for several years untill I switched to the amsoil dual bypass filters. They look the same but the powerstroke filter is a little longer and holds more oil.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.K. I realize now that perhaps I should have slept before posting. I believe I am just tired and couldn't search effectively. I searched again just for the fun of it and used the words "powerstroke filter". It came right up.:dunno

The good news is that I made it to Houston Tx and the truck ran flawlessly all the way from Virginia. I averaged 17 mpg for the trip at 70-75 mph with around 2000 lbs in the bed. I have now put enough miles on it for another oil change.;Sweet

Also, it appears that I have used (burned, lost, leaked) just over a quart in 5000 miles. I am really a little surprised it's not more. This truck has 235,000 miles on it. I don't have enough history on it to know much about it's repair/maintenance. I feel pretty lucky so far.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
;Sweet FL-1995 if you get it in a Motorcraft box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online