saw this on TDS, neat link

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was cool.mustve been a pain to find the right pullys for them.but what happens if the belt slips?

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
what happens if any timing belt/chain stretches slips? same thing I imagine.

I've always prefered a truck motor with timing gears, but hey, I just think it's an interesting concept.

finding the pulleys/gears would be easy compared to custom making the injectors lines just right.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
wow, lot of critics,.... :rolleyes:

That was the coolest IDI I have ever seen, I can't imagine the engineering that went into that to get it all to come together, and to do it on a set up that is show quality. All polished, and aluminum anodized. I am very impressed, great link. ;Sweet

Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Belgium a buddy and I went to a tractor race, not a tractor pull, but a race, and saw some amazing things the owners had done with their diesel tractors. The race was wild. They raced on a track very similar to a motocross track.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Very nice, it looks very clean. That guy must love IDI bc it's not cheap to have custom made all that. :thumbsup:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rubberfish said:
I'm suprised that it made it all the way to the end,
being a 6.5 and all...........
It was the nifty red bibs the guy was wearing that musta done it. LOL

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I couldn't tell; but, wouldn't he have to have a seperate injector for each line, meaning two injectors per cylinder??

On another note, I saw a special program on TV, a few years back, where Massey Ferguson had abandoned an entire factory, foundry and all, in the late fifties-early sixties, that made only "35" Fergusons.

I think the factory was in Hungary, or somewhere close.

In the late eighties, the government had re-opened the factory, and were producing brand-new "old" Ferguson 35 tractors.

The last I heard, they were still making them, just like they did in the fifties.

Does anyone have any info on this??

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
if you look close, the injection lines are T'd into each other from the pump and than go to the injector.
two pumps per injector.... thats one way to get twice as much fuel.

I would think the timing needs to be ohhh so perfect to prevent two injections or one long one.

Dp

tractorman86

Reaction score
im with Darrin on this one i know i wouldnt ever beable to do that one wrong bolt hole and u start all over! very nice considering he used a 6.5

82fordtruck

Reaction score
DeepRoots said:
if you look close, the injection lines are T'd into each other from the pump and than go to the injector.
two pumps per injector.... thats one way to get twice as much fuel.

I would think the timing needs to be ohhh so perfect to prevent two injections or one long one.

Dp

One long injection event or several short ones may be what he is doing. It really does offer a lot of versatility, but i can't imagine setting the timing on that thing.