Sacrilegious!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One only has to wonder "what if" that combination was a production reality...;Sweet
A rift in time and a minor change was made.... the best chassis with the best motor.....oh the possibilities...cookoo

TOTHEMAX!

Reaction score
those old cummins b series motors make a great upgrade to any old truck

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What automatic would that be?

Adrianspeeder

The ad doesn't specify and there aren't any pictures, but I imagine it'd be an E4DOA. I think it'd be easier to adapt the engine to the tranny than it would be to adapt a Dodge tranny to the Ford frame (especially since fordcummins.com sells the adaptor plate).

I like my IDI, but IMHO there's no denying that the B-series Cummins is a good engine. I will own one someday :D

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat, the price is much lower than what I payed for My IDI. Then again, I would still drive the IDI.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
The ad doesn't specify and there aren't any pictures, but I imagine it'd be an E4DOA. I think it'd be easier to adapt the engine to the tranny than it would be to adapt a Dodge tranny to the Ford frame (especially since fordcummins.com sells the adaptor plate).

I see, well then it could be a C6 too. I don't really care overall, but I just wonder about what people do.

Adrianspeeder

SKimballC

Reaction score
Its a '91, its not a C6. They stopped putting those in, in what, early '89? I also know that FordCummins doesn't have an adapter for the C6. It could be a Dodge tranny. The 47RH and 518 autos are relatively easy to use without an ECM. I really considered doing this to my '88 when I blew the engine, but my '91 is IDI til it dies which is hopefully not anytime soon.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
The C6 was used up to '96 in the F-2/350. Seen em myself.

Here is TTBblow's '96 F350

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Adrianspeeder

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The C6 was used up to '96 in the F-2/350.
Ford switched to the E4DOA in diesel applications in '89. To my knowledge, there wasn't a diesel Ford sold with a C6 from the factory after '89, but someone could always swap one in if they so wished.

Interesting that the C6 lasted that long in g@$ applications, though...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
:puke: :puke: :puke: terible terible terible, send it my way, I'll pull that boat anchor and stuff it where no one will ever see it again, I may need to weld my hood shut, but you'll never see it again :love:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It shows the IDI available with a C6 in my '94 order guide???
My guess would be that that was a typo. I've found a number of typos in my FSM's, to the point where I tend to think that Ford's quality control for paper products leaves a lot to be desired (ie. no proof-reading, or the proof-readers don't know their tailpipes from a hole in the ground). Some examples include the description on how to assemble the oil cooler (IIRC even in the '94 FSM, it still describes the 6-ring cooler setup, including how you have to put the small O-rings in the end caps before sliding the bundle in...which has burned a few people in the past; the 4-ring coolers require you to put the smll O-rings on the bundle), how to assemble the thermostat housing (saying to put the gasket on first, followed by the thermostat), and, according to the tranny codes, my truck had a T-18...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I have heard that you could get a C6 as an option on later ford trucks, They may also install them in the XL models that are used as plow trucks. I have not seen one, but I believe they are out there. Just like the pic that speeder posted.