running hot?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
not sure if anyone remembers? my new to me truck was running hot and as you can see in my sign, what i have done so far? well it's warming up here and i've been able to get under the hood some and start to tear into it! guess what i found???? -cuss a broken head bolt!!!! :puke: do you think just one would cause pressure in the coolant? i ran out of daylight so i have yet to pull the heads maybe tomorrow? :fan:

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should not have a problem getting the broken head bolt out as they don't bottem out. One thing to try is if you can get the head off is to use a left handed drill bit. Good luck......... Jim

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Just wondering. Why exactly would a broken head bolt cause overheating? Like what exactly would be happening?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
in my case pressure in the water jacket? no water in the oil, or oil in the water? i should fix both sides? not just that one? right???

aaklingler

Reaction score
If you put studs in i'd do both, otherwise its a toss up, definitely better to do both and since it looks like the po did something wrong i probably would do both sides.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
that is what i was looking at. i found two broke #1 And #10 as the book shows? i will be doing both i've got just about everything off now, it would have to be the head that is the hardest to get off?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online

No members online now.