rotors

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
IMO You'll never get good results with Slotted, drilled rotors. They're mostly bling anyways. Sure You can read all the HYPE, and think Your getting Hi Po rotors. But Your not.

I've used them. On My Z's, and My Wifes Grand Prix. (She's a Brake Punisher!) Where We live, it's like the streets of San Francisco. I've NEVER gotten decent service life out of them.

If the HYPE were true, don't You think You'd see them on Nascar, Indy, Police, Fire cars. And why don't OTR truckers use them?

Cause they're NOT a Hi Po part. Some tests actually show that they INCREASE stopping distances.

Do Your self a favor, Buy some GOOD NAME BRAND Rotors. Raybestos is what I'm using.
Then get some GOOD pads. EBC makes good stuff. I'm using Hawk Brake Pads, and Love them.

Then FOLLOW RLDSL's advice. These Trucks are known to have very poor adjusters. You need to adjust them ever 5-10K Miles.

Please excuse my sarcasim. but you have no clue what you are talking about , do you? OTR trucks? Really? they dont have disc brakes!!! And almost EVERY test shows longer pad life, rotor life and shorter stopping distance. Every thing has an exception but come on.

Do you really think that all these slotted rotor companys would be in business if their products didnt work? Gimmic products dont hang around too long. And they have to be used w corosponding pads that are made to work w them

Last edited:

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO You'll never get good results with Slotted, drilled rotors. They're mostly bling anyways. Sure You can read all the HYPE, and think Your getting Hi Po rotors. But Your not.

I've used them. On My Z's, and My Wifes Grand Prix. (She's a Brake Punisher!) Where We live, it's like the streets of San Francisco. I've NEVER gotten decent service life out of them.

If the HYPE were true, don't You think You'd see them on Nascar, Indy, Police, Fire cars. And why don't OTR truckers use them?

Cause they're NOT a Hi Po part. Some tests actually show that they INCREASE stopping distances.

Do Your self a favor, Buy some GOOD NAME BRAND Rotors. Raybestos is what I'm using.
Then get some GOOD pads. EBC makes good stuff. I'm using Hawk Brake Pads, and Love them. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HWK-HB336P-655

Then FOLLOW RLDSL's advice. These Trucks are known to have very poor adjusters. You need to adjust them every 5-10K Miles.

iam not saying that your wrong by anymeans cuz i have never used them but the idea is that they stay cooler by taking the gas from between the pad and rotor right? if that is correct then in (towing applications) which is what i do with my truck it would keep them cooler their for preventing warpage i dont really see how a solid rotor would run cooler, and imo about truckers they have big exhaust brakes and also 3 axles on their trucks all with big brakes not to mention the trailor also has brakes, so they have alot more distribution, whare as when i pull my 12# rig the stock brakes arent always good enough:dunno but thats just my thoughts ;Sweet if anyof this seems wrong please correct it