Return Lines Leaking... Again.

Nonturbo

Reaction score
I got this truck about a year and a half ago. A little over a year ago I replaced the caps, O-rings, and lines on the fuel return lines coming off the injector. I got what was the best kit Advanced auto has. The other day I noticed that 2 of the caps were seeping. I pulled one of them off, wiped the o-rings off and put the cap back on and it quit leaking. Then I pulled off the very back passenger side cap, wiped it off, put it back on and it leaked worse AND the far back drivers side cap began leaking too.
So what would you recomend to fix this and what kits have you guys used and how long did they last?
Thanks

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
When you were taking the return cap off you may of tore one of the orings. Make sure when you remove then re install to use some type of lubrication so they dont roll or tear.

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get and use Viton o-rings.

Russ (typ4) can sell you a kit with them.

If you really want to go bulletproof, do the hose between the caps with Viton hose, too. It's usually wicked expensive but I lucked into some on ebay at a really good price.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Are you running a boi diesel blend... If so that eats the rubber so leaks happen. The typ4 viton o=rings will not be eaten up by bio fuel...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is the exact reason I supply viton orings, the ones in even my dipaco kits are sometimes suspect. They get hot and shrink after a time, viton doesnt.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The viton rings are awesome, I have removed my caps 3 times and they still didn't leak. I actually have them off for the fourth time since I got them, I cant wait to see if they still dont leak.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The viton rings are awesome, I have removed my caps 3 times and they still didn't leak. I actually have them off for the fourth time since I got them, I cant wait to see if they still dont leak.

Thats a great test, if they do and you need more let me know.;Sweet

Nonturbo

Reaction score
Well I just got another kit and replaced everything. Its the same kit but I needed to get it fixed soon. Ill get the viton o-rings if they start leaking again. Thanks for all the fast responses;Sweet

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
The dipaco kits are pretty good stuff, I have never purchased return kits from any place other than a diesel repair shop and have never asked for it but have always gotten the dipaco brand because it's all they sell. This being said I have used 2 or maybe 3 kits in around 8 years, and I meant to buy some vitons awhile back but forgot... bout to send Russ a pm...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online