Return line kit for Bio/WVO

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My injector returns are leaking now, and I think that has to do with my dying issues. If I don't plug in the block heater, and let the truck sit over night and get cold, it will start and die within three seconds, so it leads me to believe I have air intrusion.

Anways, I replaced my injector return o-rings this summer, just before I started running on WVO. I now have 1000 WVO miles and my injector returns are leaking. I want to replace the injector return system with WVO safe materials. Are the kits you see on places like rockauto and partsgeek WVO/Bio safe, or do I need to source viton components seperately?

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm not sure but I believe both Mel aka agnem and Russ ala typ4 sells this kind of return line kits but please contact them for more info.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did mine, I wasn't sure if there was a chance I might run veggie oil or not, but I figured I'd prepare for it anyway...so I went on mcmaster-carr's website and just ordered a piece of Viton hose and cut it to length, and used it with the caps and clamps from a regular kit. It's easy. I would just assume all commercially available kits are plain EPDM rubber.

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did mine, I wasn't sure if there was a chance I might run veggie oil or not, but I figured I'd prepare for it anyway...so I went on mcmaster-carr's website and just ordered a piece of Viton hose and cut it to length, and used it with the caps and clamps from a regular kit. It's easy. I would just assume all commercially available kits are plain EPDM rubber.

If I went that route, I would get new viton o-rings too. Does anyone know the size of those? I would think that the motorcraft o-rings would have worked, but they are leaking. Maybe the caps are shot though too.

thx997303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch those harbor freight o-rings. I had several leaky ones. I think theyre too hard for the caps.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I went that route, I would get new viton o-rings too. Does anyone know the size of those? I would think that the motorcraft o-rings would have worked, but they are leaking. Maybe the caps are shot though too.

Yeah, duh...it's been awhile since I did that job! I ordered Viton o-rings with the hose too, got it all together. Somebody had listed the size here so that's what I ordered, can't remember now.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 4000 vitons on hand, so if anyone needs them.lol

mjpike

Reaction score
I just got new injectors and a return line kit from Russ and he knows I run SVO/BIO. The previous non-Russ kit has worked well for 50K miles without leaking or softening. Its nice to support Russ and his kits seem reasonably priced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony