Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hs108 that's a good suggestion lol

1994 Crew Cab F-350, 7.3L idi Turbo Diesel, 4x4, auto, DRW, Tollesboro, Ky

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about asking for this code reader for christmas, only 25 bucks, and looks easy enough

http://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3145-F...385045143&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=ford+obs+code

You also have to get the extension cord so you can operate it from in the cab. It will not read any transmission (E4OD) or ABS fault codes. You have to have sensors to input fault signals to the EEC-IV computer. I don't know of any sensors on an IDI engine, unless I missed something in there advertisment.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Is there a reader that does, or can it only be done by the jumper wire method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there are no sensors in the engine, which I understand there are none in the IDI, then what on earth is the OBD for? The transmission is the only electronically controlled part of the major functions of the vehicle, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
If there are no sensors in the engine, which I understand there are none in the IDI, then what on earth is the OBD for? The transmission is the only electronically controlled part of the major functions of the vehicle, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Two engine sensors Tach and TPS. But they have nothing to do with the engine. Their purpose is info for the TCM. There are other sensors for the TCM to read. Baro, VSS, and TRS.
The TCM is ODB1, so the scanner is for this.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online