Replacing Water Pump in '94 F-150 5.0L

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
My neighbor has a '94 F-150 5.0L V8...His water pump took a crap and he asked me if I could change it for him. Anyone know of a write up on it? I have done a water pump on a truck similar to mine (in my sig) but never on a 5.0L. I would assume its pretty similar but havn't done one for a while...Thanks in advance guys....

-Casey

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
Yeah i figure it shouldn't be too bad but I havn't done it for quite some time. If anyone has a write up or something short and sweet that will dispell any questions that might come up I would certainly appreciate it! ;Sweet

Thanks,
Casey

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no write up available, but agree with both of you, this should be a no brainer.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its easy.just remember that there are i think 2 long bolts near the top that go through the pump and timing cover.if they dont feel like theyare gonna turn,put it back together and send it to a shop.if it has the little hose between the pump and intake like they normally do make sure you replaceitwith the pump off whether it looks good or not.that little hose is a nightmare to rplace with taking the pump or intake off.