Replacing Brake Lines...

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the cheap one, and it works ok. 1st thing is always use a crescent wrench to tighten the wing nuts. Using just your hand is not enough. Also when doing the first reverse flare operation, don't follow the instructions that come with the tool. They tell you to stick the tube too far up out of the holder, and it will bend over. I stick it up out of the holder less than what they call for, and it works fine.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the cheap one, and it works ok. 1st thing is always use a crescent wrench to tighten the wing nuts. Using just your hand is not enough.

Try this next time. The rod they give you to turn the press, also fits between the wings of the wing nuts to tighten them. Also tighten the wingnut closest to the line first, then the other one and this will give you the tightest hold on the line.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also tighten the wingnut closest to the line first, then the other one and this will give you the tightest hold on the line.

I am glad you remembered that. It does work a lot better tightening it like that, you get a lot more leverage that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.