Reno to AZ?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will do anyone any good, but I'm planning on driving from the S.F. Bay Area to the L.A. area next month. I don't know how feasible it would be to get the core support from Reno to S.F. or from L.A. to Arizona, though...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this will do anyone any good, but I'm planning on driving from the S.F. Bay Area to the L.A. area next month. I don't know how feasible it would be to get the core support from Reno to S.F. or from L.A. to Arizona, though...
if you're willing to do the LA hop, Doug's creative on getting stuff here.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you're willing to do the LA hop, Doug's creative on getting stuff here.
I'm definitely going down there, but at this point, it's looking like I'm "carpooling" with my mom. I just talked with her, and she proposed that we go down there together, and even with fuel getting cheaper, I'm not sure I can afford to say no.

I wonder how hard it would be to finagle it into a Honda Civic? I don't recall seeing a stripped-down core support out of a truck, so I don't know exactly how bulky it is...FWIW, the rear seats fold down to increase trunk space... :dunno and I'll have to talk to Mom about it :backoff LOL

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It's not too heavy, just bulky. Size wise, it's the width of the frontend, (5-6ft?) and about 3ft tall. Oh, and it's a bit greasy/oily too! I'm trying to see what Yellow will charge to ship it and if it's in his budget. I'll get on it as soon as I get back from Maui (Dec 2).

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
if you're thinking of cramming it in the back of a honda, forget it.
they're full of sharp points to destroy interiors and are both long and wide.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
if you're thinking of cramming it in the back of a honda, forget it.
they're full of sharp points to destroy interiors and are both long and wide.
Ah, okay...I was thinking that it might fit in the trunk with the rear seats folded down (which, I think, would make a flat space about 6 feet long and 4 feet wide).

How heavy is it? Can two people lift it? I talked to my mom about this, and she actually suggested tying it to the roof (with a pad and tarps to keep it from scratching the paint), if it's not too heavy as to damage the roof. There's no sunroof on the car, FWIW.

I mean, it might be more trouble than it's worth...I'm just trying to help if I can :)

tractorman86

Reaction score
well i always loose this thread, hey doug did you ever get a quote from yellow? i might be able to buy it soon

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It may be easier to just PM me.LOL I think I checked with UPS and it was like $60 or so, I can check it again. Anyone going to the rally in a roundabout way? If Calvin or someone near him is going your way, I'll be around Santa Clara in 2 weeks.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i'll keep that in mind LOL let me know, that might work dosen't calvin make trips to tx kinda often maybe he would pass fairly close to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calroc

Members online