Remote Start install- Possible on an IDI?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, certainly there is an element of risk with any automation, but when you have an engine design with a track record of tens of thousands of reliable starts, the risk is much lower than with your Chevy. I'd say there is a higher risk of cutting a sleeping cat in half with your fan blade then breaking anything on the truck. If your really paranoid about it, it would be easy to plumb a presure switch into the injection pump circuit.

OK tell the truth, Thought you said it looks like something put together(package setup) in China and sold at WalMart.......

Ron, isn't that the image American companies have to portray to compete these days?

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
If you really wanted to you could probably find an oil pressure switch that would be open with less than a given pressure and closed with more (perhaps even the stock one would work). Wire that switch into the circut such that if it doesn't close within 10seconds or so it will shut down. It would be a bit of a pita, but workable I would think.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Ron, isn't that the image American companies have to portray to compete these days?

Yep.
Showed the site to Karen and she said hmmmm good gift idea. :rolleyes:

;Sweet ;Sweet

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I was thinking about the oil pressure topic this morning when i was like hit by a mack truck! I'm sure there are ways of rigging it up to shut down IF the pressure should drop. But my idea on this is acctually quite simple, im surprised the experienced guys missed this, but if you were to put one on, it would be a great time to ditch the mechanical lift pump and install an electric with the OIL PRESSURE switch! Thank you Thank you :hail I'll be here all week folks!
LOL that was my brain storm this morning as i was waiting for my truck to warm up, right after it shut off and i had to crank the wee out of it to fire it up again! -cuss
:draw

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... haven't been around that much have you. Sorry to tell you, but several members have gone that route. I believe Zigg may have pioneered it. Best to rig up an alarm to go with it though, because shutting off the lift pump often times will just make it run reall crappy. ;p

Dalvaras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reklund said:
Anybody have a remote start system installed on an IDI truck? Can it be done with the glow plug system on an older truck?

Ryan
I have an alarm from crimestoppers security with remote start.... it works great has about 8 seconds delay on the start circuit.

Mel thanks for the door lock acuator idea never thought of that.. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.