Remember this?

built4tq1

Reaction score
From when he first had it listed for 4K a few month back...He had mentioned what he did was do a complete vin swap from the doner f250 truck over to the bronco.....Under the windshield and on the door....So the Bronco would have to be registered as an f250...Im not sure how this procedure would imply to all states...However in Vegas dmv would have ones :moon: for such a swap

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I actually called him a few months ago. He said that the Utah DMV forced him to license it the way he did. It was their regs that said the drivetrain had to match the title.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I actually called him a few months ago. He said that the Utah DMV forced him to license it the way he did. It was their regs that said the drivetrain had to match the title.

I'll be damned if that won't cause problems in another state of residency, should that truck ever get sold to someone out of state.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score

I'll be damned if that won't cause problems in another state of residency, should that truck ever get sold to someone out of state.

I think that I could get it titled correctly. Put a mechanics or storage lein on the Bronco VIN and then apply for the title based on that instead of the F-250 stuff. Done this a few times on junkers that I bought with no title.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No altering would be necessary. :dunno

Just be using the VIN Ford originally put in the Bronco.

I misunderstood. I thought they were registering it as a F250? The VIn on the bronco belongs to a bronco, Not an F250.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From when he first had it listed for 4K a few month back...He had mentioned what he did was do a complete vin swap from the doner f250 truck over to the bronco.....Under the windshield and on the door....So the Bronco would have to be registered as an f250...Im not sure how this procedure would imply to all states...However in Vegas dmv would have ones :moon: for such a swap

There was a VIN swap. That is a felony in many states.

I dont see how it could be a F250 with an F150 frame. I am very confused on this one but i would avoid it like the plague.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a VIN swap. That is a felony in many states.

I dont see how it could be a F250 with an F150 frame. I am very confused on this one but i would avoid it like the plague.

PARTS PARTS PARTS only......hmm....ya I like it!

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Aviator is just too darn distracting . I like it.

Now what were we talking about? Trucks or something right?

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why make something so damn complicated - it's a Bronco, the DMV has no care or clue that somebody swapped a different motor and axles under it. Follow the GVW printed on the door frame and forget about anything else. What is so complicated?

-- Just realized the **** put the F250 vin on the Bronco stuff... Either way that screws things up - register it as the F250 and claim the truck was rolled and a Bronco body was sourced instead...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Swapping vin tags is a big no no!
When I put a different cab on Maters frame I had to go thru 8 trips to the DMV and 2 separate vehicle inspections both county and state levels, the truck was assigned a new vin tag on the door post beside the old one. Both that tag and the one in the dash remain untouched and the truck is shown as assembled and titled as such for the year it was built.