Reliable start-ups also below -15F?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Most synthetics will clean at a relitively slow rate as to not knock big chunks off ( with the ocasional exception, one of the reasons Amsoil is so picky about folks flushing before switching), but they will clean off seals fast enough to remove the layer of crud that is holding most of the oil back. Eventually most synthetics will condition the seals same as the Auto RX does as for stopping the leaks, but you can go through an awful lot of expensive oil during that time. THankfully the dino oils available to him in that part of the word due to European regulations have been a ton easier on his engine than anything we could ever dream of seeing and he's not going to have the kind of soot and carbon buildup problems that the rest of us have to deal with, so it's not going to be as big a shock on his engine as it is on our engines over here.With over 60% of the vehicles being sold having diesel engines, Europe is a few decades ahead of us on running the things and they have managed to figure a few problems out a LONG time ago .
ive seen you talk about auto rx alot where can i get that never seen it on the shelf here

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
ive seen you talk about auto rx alot where can i get that never seen it on the shelf here

If you had seen it on the shelf, we'd be sending you off with a nice white sweater with sleeves that tie in the back LOL They don't sell it in stores. You can only get it from the manufacturer at www.auto-rx.com They restrict distribution to make sure that folks actually get proper instructions in it's use, otherwise there would be 3/4 of their customers running around pissed off because they didn't do it right because some counterman told them they didn't really need to do it that way.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
If you had seen it on the shelf, we'd be sending you off with a nice white sweater with sleeves that tie in the back LOL They don't sell it in stores. You can only get it from the manufacturer at www.auto-rx.com They restrict distribution to make sure that folks actually get proper instructions in it's use, otherwise there would be 3/4 of their customers running around pissed off because they didn't do it right because some counterman told them they didn't really need to do it that way.

sorry to hijack for a sec... looking at their website i see different directions for high mileage and diesel seprate so what do i do with a 306,000 mile diesel and does it really do all they say it does

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
sorry to hijack for a sec... looking at their website i see different directions for high mileage and diesel seprate so what do i do with a 306,000 mile diesel and does it really do all they say it does

As far as does it really do what it says, a resounding YES!!! :hail:hail:hail
I have brought a few diesels back from near death from the boneyard with that stuff. I took one diesel car that inhaled a qt of oil every 15 miles and wouldn't even pull top gear and was the town skeeter fogger and turned it around to where it used a qt every 800+ miles ( acceptable for a new engine by factory spec). My truck when I bought it went from around 130 psi on a couple of cylinders to over 400 after treatment. Ring job in a bottle ;Sweet
I can't even begin to count the number of seal leaks and low compression problems I've taken care of with that stuff on mine and customer cars. Every old diesel out there should get the Auto Rx treatment. the difference in cold starting will be like night and day.

I had to tear into a European diesel that had got the Auto RX treatment recently and I was able to clean out the ring grooves with a can of brake cleaner. A few months later I had to go into an identical engine that had been on Mobil 1 for all of 70k miles and I spent a WEEK chipping away at the ring grooves with the ring groove cleaner before I could put the new rings in. The ring grooves were that packed up on a quality synthetic. Imagine what they look like with a few hundred thousand on dino oil

The diesel instructions are generally enough the high mileage .sludge removal instructions are for just that. For REAL sludge pits. For specific instructions for your application if you get confused, you can look on the website and you can give Frank a call, and you can actually talk to the guy who invented the stuff. Interesting fella.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert