Reconsidering my RV setup

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I screwed up the photo of the date code. I’m missing the last part.

I did not see any weather checking.

If they are over 6, I'll just replace. Depending on the spare, the best one might get kept for the spare. Hell, I might keep them all, and just let them go with the F250 as spares if they aren't too much over 6. And truth be told, I'd rather have highway tires on it for better fuel economy. My F250 instantly lost 1mpg city and highway when it got all terrain tires, vs the worn out all seasons.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck, if the wheels are the same, I’d trade you.

My tires are 2 years old, I brand new, and have all been road force balanced.

They did not hum on the highway. Nice and quiet. My brother swears by KO2’s, all he runs.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Heck, if the wheels are the same, I’d trade you.

My tires are 2 years old, I brand new, and have all been road force balanced.

They did not hum on the highway. Nice and quiet. My brother swears by KO2’s, all he runs.

I have been running "Chinese" tires, bought from Walmart online and installed at their auto centers. The F250 got 235 A/Ts in mid 2017 and the RV got 215 A/S in early 2019.

The bug's rear tires (235s but 15", not 16) are from Big O Tires. Fronts (215) are some cheapo ones from Priority Tire, they are A/S but look A/T.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
That $3700 IDI shuttle bus in West TX sold... so maybe $4000 for my motorhome wont be too hard to get. It'll have the turbo so that'll be a big appeal to someone, I'm sure.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the ‘89 E4OD and ‘92 E4OD must have quite different wiring....?

I was just assuming this since there isn’t a 3rd brake light.

I should have looked closer, but the gear selector was so solid feeling into each gear vs ‘92+ where the stick feels loose and it’s easy to miss gears. I assume the detents are inside the trans. So something must be different....

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! The shift cable I thought is attached through some electronic gizmo on the side of the trans.

The early steel rod linkages must have the electronic signal attached to it instead of through it.......

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
So the ‘89 E4OD and ‘92 E4OD must have quite different wiring....?

Haynes manuals usually have schematics, so you might try to find beat up copies for cheap. They span 69-91 for one, and 92-14 for the other. I need to get the 69-91 one.

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Cubey @Cant Write I updated the Proton drive to have some van manuals.

1969-1991 Hanyes manual
1998 Econoline service manual
2004 Econoline service manual

Best I could get, not diesel specific. I see they are available on CDs on Amazon and eBay. If I had need I'd get them and rip them to make available, but I can't justify spending the coin without a need.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
@Cubey @Cant Write I updated the Proton drive to have some van manuals.

1969-1991 Hanyes manual
1998 Econoline service manual
2004 Econoline service manual

Best I could get, not diesel specific. I see they are available on CDs on Amazon and eBay. If I had need I'd get them and rip them to make available, but I can't justify spending the coin without a need.

Awesome, thanks. My '88 max Econoline Chilton manual has some fragments of schematics, like for fuel tank selector valve, and also has some diesel specific repair info.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
close to 1/4 of the way there.

just bored and looking on FB. That would be insanely cool for a camper. Has a Chevy engine in it, no title

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online