Rear axle set up

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To need to fine the compress length and take 1/2 more out for over flex. Slip yoke will take the rest. And 10.25 has always been comparable to the dana 110

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To need to fine the compress length and take 1/2 more out for over flex. Slip yoke will take the rest. And 10.25 has always been comparable to the dana 110

It looks like the slip yoke has about a half inch left to compress. I finally got to drive on the axle for the first time this morning. Hooked up my diff temp gauge and let it just sit in the dash. After my 20 mile break in drive it never read over 150 degree. cast center section was hot and hubs were warm when I got back home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome because I had a guy come into my shop and said his jeep was dieing when he cam yo a stop. He had a stick shift 4.0 so I drove it it did die when. Coming to a stop clutch in and I neutral. Put it on the rack notice it had a new reread looked like an 8.8 ok. Hanging down I can ture the drive shaft compressed couldn't move it. So I asked him did he put another axle under it he say yes didn't do anything else. I told him needs a new drive shaft possible crush pinion sleeve, and hopefully didn't mess up anything in the transmission.

He got all mad and say yall just trying to cheat me out of some money. He came back a month later and ask if we can rebuild his axle and put a new drive shaft in it.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, roughly 80-100 miles on the new rear end and the pinion seal is leaking. I plan on checking the vent tube to see if it's clear. If it is clear, do you guys have ideas? The yoke was worn and I did instal a redi-sleeve. I do not know the brand of the seal. It came with my master instal kit from ecgs.

On a brighter note, I have noticed 50-100 degree drop in egts. I don't have to slip the clutch as long taking off in second. Still haven't seen over 150 on the diff temp gauge.

Rustygold; that guy with the jeep sounds like he didn't know much about his vehicle. I also have a wrangler and I tend to over think things with all my vehicles. Sometimes it just stresses me out but other times it saves a lot of time and broken parts. I get told I'm meticulous often lol

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Austin stick put the rear end in the air get it up in speed to see if it's moving up and down. Or and driveline pary if the vent tube isn't clogged

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pinion seal slowed down its leak until it stopped. Not sure what its deal was lol. Passed my break in period last weekend, popped the cover off and the gears looked great, no metal shavings in the gear oil. I'm happy with it. Need a new speedometer gear though. It's like 10mph off

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speedometer can be changed I forget how. Not sure about the pinion leaking unless torque roll on the axle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online