Rear axle codes

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im looking at buying a 95 F350 crew 4x4 with a 7.3 and am trying to figure out what gear ratio it has. can I tell by the codes on the door sticker? if so does anyone have that info? Im hoping for 4.10s cause I will be putting on big tires and towing with it.

The truck is in kinda rough shape on the outside, the bed is hammered. The front half of the truck is good and so is the interior but its been parked for a few years and supposedly has starting issues. The owner is looking for the keys so I can figure out whats up with it. Hopefully going to pick it up for next to nothin.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tell us what the axle code designation on the door says.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was looking for! I shoulda wrote it down when I was out there. Hopefully he finds the key and I will go look at it again tomorrow.

Any other obvious things I should look for on this 7.3? Im very familiar with these 92-97 trucks as far as the drivetrain and suspension, just not with the PSD. Im going to take my Genisys with me and see if I cant get the computer to tell me any secrets if I get it to start.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed on this truck is that the radiator looks identical to the one in my 93 IDI. I thought all PSDs had a plastic/aluminum radiator?

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I brought her home for $1500. A glow plug relay, fuel filter, batteries and fresh fuel had it going. Aired up the tires and drove it home. Looks like it only needs the usual maintenance for a truck with almost 300k. I already put on a leveling kit with 35" tires and just need to replace brake rotors and fix the leaking O rings on the fuel filter housing. The axle code on the doors is 39, that says 3.55 I dunno about that. A 1 ton 4x4 with 3.55?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online