Rear Anti-Lock Brake Light

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where does everyone start troubleshooting the RABS? I was backing truck into the garage to do some more prep work before painting and the RABS light came on, now it come on as soon as I pull the truck out of the driveway and start down the road and stays on til I shut it off and restart, but then comes right back on after a second or two. I grabbed the valve off the parts truck a while back anticipating that mine would go bad soon, but I am wondering which is more likely the culprit in "those who have had this problem's" experience, is it more likely the sensor in the rearend or the valve up by the trans. I put the new VSS in the trans about 5 years ago and the truck really wasn't driven much since then. I remember the RABS light came on a long time ago when a brake line broke, but went back out after the new line and more fluid was added. Any Ideas?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, I checked the fluid when the light came on and that is ok. If I knew of a test procedure for the sensor or the valve I would do it, maybe I will find something in one of these manuals.