real rough when cold

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, So I got my truck back a few months ago, and was doing real good.the local shop fixed most everything pretty darn well. As I am driving the truck on short 20/30 mile runs to work or errands, I'm getting a few small things to replace or repair. ( I had no oil in the tranny), Master cylinder went out, bad connection on alternator, replaced the voltage regulator, and I re-wired the trailer harness. While doing the master cylinder, I had it idling for maybe a half hour, and I've noticed that the smoke was getting worse and worse. Now in the mornings when it's at it's coldest, It's harder to start, when it does it really shakes the truck, and just a huge smoke screen fills the yard! After it warms up a bit, I start driving, and it is real sluggish, and looks like a locomotive pulling 100 cars up a hill is stuck in my tail pipe. I give a little more throttle, and it feels like all my power is back, the smoking stops, and it is back to normal. I bring up my RPS's to get to the next gear, shift, and now here is the return of the thick smoke, and Sluggish and feels like it has a "miss". I build the RPM's, hit the sweet spot, and were off again. I can get it up to speed (60mph) and it's running almost normal as before. with a few "misses" mow and then.

Do you think It's a bad injector, or bad fuel? Only other difference i have done was added "diesel Kleen, with cetane boost" instead of my normal "lucas injector cleaner". I had a bottle and wanted to try it.

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say less than 1000 miles. I just got it back from the diesel Dr, after getting it timed correctly. He had to order the adapter that goes on #1 injector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online