rarity of crew cabs?

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Any thoughts? Not looking to rush my crew cab to antiques road show for millions, but curious. Any figures out there? I bet more options makes them even more rare?

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my part, a crew cab dually is rare. Anyone with a ford pickup comes over to look and asks how I got my hands on it. Though I just seen a crew cab 70s model I would have liked to get my hands on. Everyones got them old trucks still on the road out here.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 80-86 crew cabs are scarce out in my parts, as are turbo trucks. I guess they all got beat to hell on the oilfield and the logging roads.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A few years ago someone posted all the numbers of diffrant truck models ford made. Maybe it was just the years and the idi in them.. Its been a while since I read that post.. Here in Cali a crewcab is a tuuf boat to dock in many parking lots. I usually find the far away plots to bed down my rig because it sticks out so far into the tiny lot lanes. We have lots of them around these parts too. Its a rare rig to find one with rust on them too...:angel::thumbsup:

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
A few years ago someone posted all the numbers of diffrant truck models ford made. Maybe it was just the years and the idi in them.. Its been a while since I read that post.. Here in Cali a crewcab is a tuuf boat to dock in many parking lots. I usually find the far away plots to bed down my rig because it sticks out so far into the tiny lot lanes. We have lots of them around these parts too. Its a rare rig to find one with rust on them too...:angel::thumbsup:

The previous owner of my truck before I bought it lived on a long winding hill in California, upper LA area. House was even smaller... How the hell it was parked there I have no idea. Mine has light rust and some scrapes, but very good considering... Should see my dodge town wagon... :eek:

gandalf

Reaction score
... Here in Cali a crewcab is a tuuf boat to dock in many parking lots. ...

I too have a CCLB here in Northern Cali. Gary, if you think your's is hard to park, you should try mine with the 11 foot cabover camper. That sticks out another three feet. That truck goes almost half way across the aisle. And that's only if I can make the turn to get it into a parking slot. The thing is about as maneuverable as a battleship. However, I still love it, and wouldn't want anything else for that camper.:love:

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack but what about ccsb.
crewcab shortbox???

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here in Cali a crewcab is a tuuf boat to dock in many parking lots. I usually find the far away plots to bed down my rig because it sticks out so far into the tiny lot lanes.
That's why you go to the end of the parking lot and park sideways or at an angle...you take up more spaces, but they're not desirable and at least you're not blocking the lane. I have plenty of experience with this :angel:

Or you can be like this idiot...

You must be registered for see images attach

Not trying to hijack but what about ccsb.
crewcab shortbox???
Crew-cab short boxes didn't exist before 1997 with Ford trucks.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even in a F350???, I really don't know just wondering.
Yep! Before 1997, you couldn't get an F-250 or F-350 with a 6' bed...you could only get a 6' short bed on an F-150. So, no IDI-powered truck left the factory with a short bed...they were all either long-beds or chassis-cabs...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats the truth about the short beds only in the f150 style rigs. Never in any 250 or 350 till really late. I wonder why people refer to trucks from 83 to 96 as long beds.. We all know they are that way... Ever read someone selling a 83 to 96 truck and telling you it has two fuel tanks.. No doh... they all had them and its not a selling thing... Nothing rare bout it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk