random stumble

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this before but I'll ask again. Two of us have 2001.5 ho trucks with the same problem. Mine has about 97000 miles and other truck has about 54000 miles on them. Both have a random stumble. Other truck was taken to the dealer and new vp, lift pump, and not sure what else. Didn't help. Dealer said it was probably in the wiring harness and that was out of warrenty.I took mine to the bosch dealer, rebuilder and he put it on the computer and we took it down the road, got it to stumble a few times and it showed nothing on the computer, no censor problems or nothing.This **** is getting old. Got a good truck no one can fix. Can't up horsepower till I get it fixed, tst box just exagerates problem it has. Can anyone help!

tpruitt

Reaction score
mine has stumbled once or twice but i got rid of the banks computer and it seemed to cure the problem. Maybe if you have a chip it could be causing the same thing.

Trey

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We both have superchip, which is a ez rebadge. Dealer blamed it on box, took it off and it done the same thing. This sucks!

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to him last night, it must be the boxes we have. With new pump his won't do it without the box but will with the box. We both have superchip boxes which as I understand are just rebadge ez boxes. He has my old dd2's said when he took box off it sure didn't run as good. Has anyone had this experience with boxes? I have a tst pm3 to but to my understanding it doesn't do timing. What would be the best electrical box to have and maybe no stumble. We just can't go back to stock and enjoy these trucks as good. Allso they put a new superchip on it and it did the same thing.

RAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a prob with mine about a month ago. Had an active code and check engine lite came on. Unhooked the Comp for a week or so and it was fine. When I hooked it all back up,I noticed a lot of grease in the connectors.I cleaned them out and greased the rubber seal.Too much grease can act as an insulator and not make a good connection. I also ran the ground wire to the battery this time. So far,no probs. May want to your connectors and ground point.

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other guy called superchip hotline and they told him to set the pin setting on lower settings. Don't know why but it seems to work for now. I'm going to put my tst box on tomorrow and see if it will work. It sure doesn't seem like a reasonable fix to me but I would try almost anything right now.