Ran my first tank, WHO

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
Recently at work we changed out about 200 gallons of waste hyd oil.

This was done at 2000 hours of use in a lift truck. Oil was very clean, golden color.

I dont have my fuge running yet, but I put the oil through a 5 micron filter, and sent it into the tank. 10 gallons of WHO and 5 gallons of diesel.

Truck ran totally different.

Cold start missing...gone ( i assume this is air intrusion when running straight diesel) Fired up and purred nicely.

hard hot start ....gone, fired in one revolution.

No smoke at all on start up.

I can tell the idle is slightly different, cant tell whats different though. When you put alot of miles on one rig, you know what it sounds like. To me the truck idles different.

My but tells me I am down on power.

When standing next to the tail pipe, I have very little to no smoke or smell at idle.

My injectors are original as is the pump and I will just say, they are worn out.

So.........thicker fuel make a worn truck run/start better?

I have to change the waterpump today, so I am going to yank the filter and have a look see if there is anything in it.

sassyrel

Reaction score
IF, your ip,,is nearing the end of its useful life, [wore out], then yes,,hyd would make it start better. heavier oil,,in between the rollers,,would create more available pressure,,hence the better starting..low power??? still, wore out ip...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
IF, your ip,,is nearing the end of its useful life, [wore out], then yes,,hyd would make it start better. heavier oil,,in between the rollers,,would create more available pressure,,hence the better starting..low power??? still, wore out ip...

Yup, went through this on my truck with the worn system. I actually got to the point it ran bad on diesel the system was so old and wore out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online