Radiator spec for 88 Econoline?

Lovely Bunny

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know a radiator that will fit an 88 Econoline 7.3? My Chilton's manual lists it in the diagram as part number "8005" but searching this returns nothing. Searching by make/model has turned up some F-series aftermarket radiators but I'm not sure if they're the same for the vans.

Sprung a little leak and figure it's about time for a replacement...

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know a radiator that will fit an 88 Econoline 7.3? My Chilton's manual lists it in the diagram as part number "8005" but searching this returns nothing. Searching by make/model has turned up some F-series aftermarket radiators but I'm not sure if they're the same for the vans.

Sprung a little leak and figure it's about time for a replacement...

Try oreilly or rockauto. They should show you the proper radiator. Its not the same as the truck ones, van ones are way more expensive.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try oreilly or rockauto. They should show you the proper radiator. Its not the same as the truck ones, van ones are way more expensive.
Huh, really?
I pulled a couple of radiators from the JY out of IDI vans(not sure what year)... and they were the same narrow/tall radiator that fits (most of) my trucks.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Huh, really?
I pulled a couple of radiators from the JY out of IDI vans(not sure what year)... and they were the same narrow/tall radiator that fits (most of) my trucks.

Based on what oreilly shows, yeah. At least when its an 85 e350 6.9 vs an 87 f250 6.9. Maybe later they used the same?

The E350's is $493 and the F250's is $261.

The core sizes are the same but the tops and brackets look different, but maybe the holes line up?

Maybe van rads fit trucks but not the other way around.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online