Question re: T85T-4252-AH Hub Socket ??

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
Where can I acquire one of these tools? Is this the same as an OTC 7269? A Lisle 28000?

And what tool do I need for the front axle spindle nuts? The manual was unclear (or I was looking in the wrong place).

Thanks and regards,

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the round spindle-nuts with the four notches, then the same old common 4-prong spindle-nut socket that has been used for years and years on Ford, GM, Dodge, and just about everything else is what you need.

If your rear-end is DANA, then a common ( 2-9/16 I believe it is but check that out first ) hex axle-nut socket is what you want.

Harbor Freight has a double-ended one for about ten bucks; I bought mines years ago off the wall at NAPA for about $30 but they have gotten cheaper since.

There are sharp-cornered nuts and round-cornered nuts and they will tell you that two separate sockets are required; I got the sharp-cornered socket and it has served me well many many times on both styles of nuts.

The sharp-cornered nuts are usually the GOOD double-nut/folding-tooth-lock-washer type.

The round-corner nuts are usually those :puke: soft single-nut nylock crap that the wheel-bearing erodes the soft back-side and they have that tiny little easy-to-fly-off-in-the-grass keeper/lock; those type nuts are SUPPOSED to be one-use throw-aways, but nobody can afford to do so.

But, before you spend money on my say so, let the experts weigh in. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828