Question about attaching photos

Neil

Reaction score
Sometimes when I attach a photo to a post, it shows up as a thumbnail, and sometimes not. How do I get them to appear as a thumbnail all the time?? :confused:

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Neil said:
Sometimes when I attach a photo to a post, it shows up as a thumbnail, and sometimes not. How do I get them to appear as a thumbnail all the time?? :confused:

Thumbnails will appear when you upload an attachment from your computer.
A full image will appear when you use IMG and /IMG inside of [brackets] from a URL.

You must be registered for see images

At least that's how I understand it.

Last edited:

Neil

Reaction score
hheynow said:
Thumbnails will appear when you upload an attachment from your computer.
At least that's how I understand it.

The pics I posted this morning were uploaded from my computer. Sometimes they show up as a thumbnail, and the next time you have to click each link to view the pic. I use the "manage attachments" button, and browse through the hard drive to get to the photo of choice, then upload it. Should I be doing something different? cookoo cookoo :confused: :confused:

Neil

Reaction score
Neil said:
The pics I posted this morning were uploaded from my computer. Sometimes they show up as a thumbnail, and the next time you have to click each link to view the pic. I use the "manage attachments" button, and browse through the hard drive to get to the photo of choice, then upload it. Should I be doing something different? cookoo cookoo :confused: :confused:

Is it because of the size of the picture????

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will show up as a thumbnail if you upload it as a .jpg, and it shows up as a link if you upload it as a .bmp

Neil

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
It will show up as a thumbnail if you upload it as a .jpg, and it shows up as a link if you upload it as a .bmp

The five pics that I uploaded this morning were .jpg's. I can't recall ever uploading a bmp.

I'm still confused :confused: :confused: :confused: But confusing me is easy.

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw the pics and noticed they were .jpg's..................... I'll look into it and see whats up.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Neil said:
I'm still confused :confused: :confused: :confused:
It's done that to me as well. I thought I was to blame.
But all that's changed, I'm blaming Mike from now on.:)
j/k big guy,,, Glad you made it back safe from your h/moon.:)

Neil

Reaction score
:confused: The picture I posted tonight shows up as a thumbnail. I didn't do anything different. cookoo cookoo

Is the software not adding the correct into to the uploads? When you check the properties on the pictures in question there's some info missing from those that aren't thumbnails.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neil said:
:confused: The picture I posted tonight shows up as a thumbnail. I didn't do anything different. cookoo cookoo

Is the software not adding the correct into to the uploads? When you check the properties on the pictures in question there's some info missing from those that aren't thumbnails.
That confirms what I thought Niel, the problem is on your end. Possibly with the format of the photo or the file type.

Neil

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
That confirms what I thought Niel, the problem is on your end. Possibly with the format of the photo or the file type.

But they are all jpeg's and I have no control over how they are uploaded. Me thinks the troubles are in the forum software....but what do I know.

Heres the properties of the one I uploaded tonight:
://oilburners.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7902&stc=1&thumb=1

And heres the properties of one that was uploaded yesterday and didn't show up as a thumbnail:
://oilburners.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7883

For some reason or other, the software isn't adding this----> &stc=1&thumb=1 to the URL.

(edit...I had to remove the http from the info above)

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neil,

I just took one of your pics in the "showing off" thread and saved it to my hard drive then uploaded it to OB's server, it came out as a thumbnail. Do you still have one of those pics on your hard drive? If so, try to upload it to a post and see if it shows as a thumbnail or a link.

Thanks,

Mike

Neil

Reaction score
I deleted them after posting, but I'll save them off of the forum again this evening and try them in a test post to see what happens.

Is there a size requirement? Maybe that has something to do with why show up as a thumb or a link??

I appreciate your assistance.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, saving it off this forum will probably mask what ever problem you were having. Thats what I did to get them to work. "Save as" .jpg then it posted fine as a thumb. I was curious what type of file it was prior to you uploading it to our server in the first place........... lets keep at it though, we'll get it to work sooner or later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online