punk in the midwest

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
For any that are interested in putting a face with a name, I will be back in the midwest for a few days in mid december. Im visiting the family and friends back home and will be there from the 10th of december to the 14th of december.

Let me know if your interested in meeting up for food/beer and bullshitting. I, sadly, will not have my rig with me as Im flying, but I would love to meet anyone that is in or close enough to indiana to meet.

Im flying into indy then gonna stay in southern indiana for a day or two and be up in lafayette for a bit as well.

punk

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot I just looked at your sig and was kinda shocked to see your hometown. My uncle and his family lived out in Beaverton for years. Your lucky to be so close to the place that sells Jakes Clam Chowder. Every year my grandfather would go out there and bring back about 40 cans to split between us.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I love portland, oregon. This place is awsome. My real "hometown" is North Vernon, Indiana. I was born in Columbus Indiana, lifelined to indy for a few months (I was a premi, litterally been fighting since the day I was born lol), Lived in two houses in north vernon (one my father still lives in to this day). I attended purdue university for a bit and my mother has a house in Indy. Im a hoosier. I lived in Orlando and Kissimmee florida for a bit and then moved out here. Im a hoosier and a portlander. Good mix for me.

punk

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have almost as many miles as I do. I wasn't a premie but they had to do a c-section since the cord was wrapped around my throat 3 times. Born in Warren Ohio. Lived in Lordstown Ohio for a few years. Lived in Youngstown Ohio till I was 9 when we moved to Austintown Ohio. Lived there till I was in my twenties. Spent a year in New York immediately after 9-11. I was told to deliver a crane with cutting attachment up there. Company decided they wanted to keep a tech on site to maintain the piece of crap so I was stuck there for a while. Finally got relieved and went back to Austintown for a while. Moved out to Pasadena Maryland where I bout my 87 4x4 and was there for a year. Spent a month in Newport News Virginia helping my dad do repairs on his house before heading back to Austintown for a year which included taking care of my Grandfather when he broke his back. Then made the move to Texas where I have been since. I drove down here Dec 23rd-24th 2007. Rolled in my current driveway 12:30am Christmas day. I've stayed in a couple other places but never long enough to really count it as spending time there though.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Punk - We'll have to get together. I'm originally from the Lafayette area - born and raised about 40 mins NW of Laugh-a-lot.

Remember

"Go Ugly Early"

You need a pick up at the airport? I'll be easy to spot I'll wear my best Banana Hammock.

Last edited:

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i live less than 8 miles from the airport but i have a crazy schedule and dont drink otherwise id love to get to know some forum members better

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to meet you, but I'm skunked until next year. No vacation left. :(

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am originally from Indiana. South Bend to be exact. Moved to Chicago, then Long Beach (Ca), Upland, Redwood City, San Leandro, Murphys, LA, Austin (Tx), Atlanta (Ga), Lynchburg (Va) and now finally Appomattox Va where I am staying forever.
Brimmstone and I met during my extended stay (15 months) in Houston Tx in 2008.

One more pitch for Indiana boys getting around. From Seattle to Miami, Portland Maine to San Diego. Speaking of 9-11 I was in Portland Oregon when that happened. Small world kind of stuff. Lots of miles on this one. Spent 7 weeks in Modesto Ca and 2 in Amsterdam Ny this year alone. Probably going back to Ny before the years over.

Sorry for the highjack. If you're ever in the central Va area holler. I guess that applies to anyone reading this also.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
argve Im more than up for a gtg at "harry's chocolate shop", My fiance said we have to go there anyway to get her another shirt. I have friends in laugh a lot that would likely come by just for *****.

93cc if you can find time let me know, Im gonna be busy too but its good to meet people, especially with like interests. Drinking is optional. I drink, not heavily and not often but I do.

punk

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I haven't been in Harry's for years.... I'm a little old for that crowd anymore.... Me got's gray hair now days....

Now I'm more of a quite place sort like Cheer's tv show from years ago....

sootman73

Reaction score
Ya know i dont think i ever made it in to harrys when i was at purdue.... i was only there for a year though....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been in Harry's for years.... I'm a little old for that crowd anymore.... Me got's gray hair now days....
goatboy-
when did you consider yourself to be a "grownup";p
from what I've seen in the rally pics....you have no hair.....palm hair doesn't count ya'know.:D

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I rarely went to harry's, or at least from what I can remember. I know I went a few times, cause I have been thrown out a few times. Brothers or jakes are across or down the same street and are more my liking. we can meet wherever. Im craving a triple x burger, fries and rootbeer.

punk