pulling my fifth-wheel

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
im pulling a 7000lb 5th wheel with my truck ,i seem to not have enough power. i was going up a hill and had the pedal on the floor running 15mph thought i had to get out and push lol.my truck is a 91 4*4 7.3lt n/a king cab . i got the over 7000lb rear axle . the only mod i have done to it is a dual frt to back exhaust .id like to put on a turbo but would rather find other ways to get power to save the 2500 $ thanks jeff

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Turbo turbo turbo... there just isn't anything that will compare - trust me I tried...

Now for spending over 2 grand on a turbo system - look at used ones - trust me I bought a new one and then after getting it in my hot little hands I soon realized I could have saved a bundle going used because turbo's don't really go bad that often and if you happen to run across one that does need rebuilt it will still be far cheaper than a new system.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Rob is selling his used Hypermax for $800 complete - buy it and don't look back. (69oiler post in this forum)

I bought an NA truck also. After getting the 5r, the wife told me "Let the boys know you want a turbo." The best $$ I have spent on the truck to date. Of course when I got the turbo I had to have gauges, ATS upgrade, portable oxy/acet torch (hey, you never know when you may need one) and a few other misc. goodies.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Jeff,

I have the same truck you do with the exception of a Banks turbo. It is not even close to what it was, performance wise, as N/A. The Banks has over 120K on it, and is still going strong. Go find a good used one and don't look back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12