Pull over you have a Flat

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in these times if someone flags my wife down on the road she's gonna check things out with a fistful of .44 & she has done it twice both times harmless but I got a lot of time invested in her it would really tick me off to have to try to replace her. keep telling her it only takes $$ to buy a truck, but cute little things like her aren't often found for sale rent maybe but not for sale.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Mel... Having driven a dually it's hard to tell when you have a flat because when sitting still the tires normally look correct - you have to either kick the tires or check them for pressure.

Thats true unless of course you hear a really loud pop which happened to me when I was driving a tanker truck carrying 3000 gallons of diesel. After the loud pop the truck even drove normal. When I got to the stop I was going to I checked and sure enough inside flat.

Then there was the time I was sent to the asphalt plant for road patch (the stuff that makes a mess of peoples cars and does nothing for the road) not knowing how much to get I asked the supervisor and he toild me to get as much as you can. For this type of stuff they weigh the truck empty on the way in, load the truck with a loader and weigh you on the way out. I wound up getting twenty tons and this was loaded in a truck that was not even a tandem. Heard a loud pop and this time the truck didnt feel right so I pulled over and sure enough inside flat.

The truck was designed for 10 tons which I didnt know at the time:rotflmao . Called the supervisor and told him about the flat and he asked if I could make it back the way it is. I said I highly doubt it as the truck is leaning way over on the one side and the tire thats not flat looks like its halfway flat from all the weight.

When I got back after the flat was fixed the dump body barely lifted when I was dumping the load.LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet the jack left a mark in the asphalt. LOL