PSD ZF5

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted a simular thread but this is a bit different.

Will a ZF from behind a PSD bolt up to an IDI??? :dunno

found a '95 psd with a zf5 and i'm thinking about buying it as a donor truck. motor is susposed to be blown up and see as who has it, it probly is blown.

i know i'll have to find an IDI flywheel and clutch for it but the peddles should work and from the looks of things the trans should bolt right up.

i think it would make a great donor truck it's just a cab and chassis though.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it should not have it - '92 and newer trucks use the signal from the VSS in the rear axle to drive the speedometer, and there's a special electronic box that does that, IIRC it's called a PSOM - there was a guy on TDS with a '91 van that replaced his blown E4OD trans with one from a PSD F-Superduty, and he had to rig up a PSOM to his van so the PCM can still shift the trans properly.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i'm looking at getting this truck to use for parts and sell a few parts. i'm thinking put the zf in the squirrel mobile and maybe swap out the rearend.

i know that a cab and chassis and a 1 ton dually have different rearends. the dually rearend is wider as is the frame rails of the dually.

if i get it i'll post up the truck as a parts donor for anything i don't end up using.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online