Pressure Plate

Chubbs090

Diesel-holic
Reaction score
Im considering doing the Lucky Mod but would like to know what clutch and pressure plate to use. I know it has to be a sprung hub. Will a smf kit bolt up to a dmf?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fort Wayne Clutch is where I bought my clutch and pressure plate, it was a kevlar clutch and came with the entire kit for less than $150. I have only had one problem with mine and it was after the truck had set for a while so who knows.

I wish I had the part number for you but if you call them at Fort Wayne clutch they should know what you are talking about. When I first called them I got someone the didn't know exactly what I wanted but I finally got someone who knew exactly what I was talking about.

Chubbs090

Diesel-holic
Reaction score
Thank ya, gotta talk to my "bank" aka dad since im still in school. hopfully i can get everyhing back together soon. Im taking a class in 2 weeks on light duty diesel and students have access to a dyno so we're gonna see what ol' bessy will throw down.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked everywhere trying to find that part number, I know that I wrote it down when the guy on the phone gave it to me. I think his name was Scott and he even said that they would list the clutch kit that was needed for this on ebay and it used to be on there but I cannot find it anymore. Their number is 1-800-258-8243 and I am almost certain the guy I talked to that knew exactly what I was talking about was a Scott.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im considering doing the Lucky Mod but would like to know what clutch and pressure plate to use. I know it has to be a sprung hub. Will a smf kit bolt up to a dmf?

I get the kit that Ford dealers sell. It comes with a presure plate, TOB, Pilot bearing, and disc with springs in it. All Velero stuff I believe. Oh, and it comes with an alignment too too. ;Sweet

Chubbs090

Diesel-holic
Reaction score
I get the kit that Ford dealers sell. It comes with a presure plate, TOB, Pilot bearing, and disc with springs in it. All Velero stuff I believe. Oh, and it comes with an alignment too too. ;Sweet

You wouldnt happen to have a part number would you?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you were going to get the one from ford you would want the one for an F450, it is a sprung clutch disc. The Fort Wayne Clutch comes with the alignment tool as well.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autozone sells one that would work as well. Part Number: NU31103 , It's a Duralast with a Limited Lifetime Warranty, but it is almost $250. I called Fort Wayne Clutch and Driveline, I was told the part Number is: 07-504KDF, he said they were open 9:00 a.m. to 1:00p.m. tomorrow (Sat), if you wanted to order it, I am not sure but the price may have went up, the guy that I talked to before (Scott) was not there.