Pressure Chamber/Turbo Hat to Turbo 'O' Ring source?

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greeting fellow Oil Burners,
Looking for the "O" ring above. Naturally the hat is 'glued' (?) down to the manifold by the PO and I hope I can knock it loose with a hammer stick and not break it. It is not squarely seated on the turbo exhaust and I suspect it will in fact suffer a pressure loss. So, I am looking for an 'O' ring once I get to taking it apart. that will be after I get it running just to be able to move it.
Thank you for your time!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russrepair.com has the reseal kits. If you PM @typ4 he may sell that one separately I'm not sure.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It seems to me that there is a gasket that you can use as well. Like an air cleaner gasket for a 4v carb with a 4" throat.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think IDIBRONCO is right, I do remember hearing that they're the same size as a regular 4 barrel carb inlet.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
When I was originally piecing together a first gen banks turbo, I bought a 4" gasket from summit that would work, and it was listed for a carb. Sadly that kit didn't work for me, as it was for an auto, and I have a zf. Think it was a whole $8 at the time.

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lost the air-breather to intake gasket on my truck one time and went to the local Napa auto parts asked for a replacement and he couldn't find a listing for it. So I asked for a gasket for a Holly 4 barrel carburator and he had it in stock and it fits fine on the intake. Hope this helps.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greeting fellow Oil Burners,
Looking for the "O" ring above. Naturally the hat is 'glued' (?) down to the manifold by the PO and I hope I can knock it loose with a hammer stick and not break it. It is not squarely seated on the turbo exhaust and I suspect it will in fact suffer a pressure loss. So, I am looking for an 'O' ring once I get to taking it apart. that will be after I get it running just to be able to move it.
Thank you for your time!
Give me your address and ill send you a couple. They are flat, oring doesnt stay in there very well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online