IM001930.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0024.JPG
    100_0024.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 12

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I think I've seen the purple truck in Fla. before. Might see ya down there this week (probably not though). Leaving Monday nite for Charlotte then on to Ft. Pierce for a day of polishing, then to Ft. Lauderdale to pick up some Orioles cars from spring training.

I have speced 2 Boydstun's & they have NEVER been able to meet the timeline or I got pushed back when Toyota or United Road placed a big order. During my research I learned that Boydstun specs all stock units with out stacks & adds them on in the buildup. I just don't like that they put 'em on behind the sleeper. Makes it easier to get out of the headrack cars but just doesn't appeal to my taste I guess. I like mine between the cab & sleeper. Rob Boydstun told me he saw those style stacks on a cattle hauler & liked 'em so much, he modified them to what I have now & that was really the beginning of them for "carhauler use"

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arent' stacks on a car hauler just for show...

No offense but just wondering...
It's a matter of preference for the rig owner. A buddy of mime who runs between norkal and socal has his pipe coming out the bottom and side. The rig runs pretty clean, I have yet to see the drivers sooted up.

KingRanch

Reaction score
KingRanch

I am thinking about putting 19.5 rims on my F-350. I have seen American Force Wheels, Rickson Truck Wheels, and Alcoa. I think I want to run 285/70R19.5 tires. Any comments or suggestions???

Attachments

• 2003 F-350.jpg
    2003 F-350.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 16

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
it will ride a good bit stiffer than it does now. You gotta give up some sidewall to run the bigger rims. Less cushion between the wheel & the road.

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
Here's my new ride, bought it and the trailers new in October 2006. It's an 07 Pete, long nose 63" shack 379 with the 625hp C15, 18spd, 3.55 rear end super 40's and all the bells and whistles. I took it and put it to work box stock off the lot and have been adding chrome as I go, but it's been tough to find the spare time. It's a working truck and a work in progress, you might say. Next time I buy a new one I'll dress it up before it goes to work, it's just too tough to park it for the intensive labor mods! These pics are just after I got it, I've added a fair bit of accessories but there's still lots to go. I'm hoping to have it set up the way I'm wanting it to be by August!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
Good! I sold my dmax, bought a 4-letter F word half ton runaround job, and have been truckin my life away. How bout yourself? I remember you had plans to do your Cummins conversion, that's awesome that you followed through with it!

rubberfish

Reaction score
Just busy working and playing hard.
I been wondering what happened too you.
Glad too hear you're alive and well.
Truck looks real good.
You going to be in town to show it at the
Big Rig weekend at Mission this summer? ;Sweet

KingRanch

Reaction score
Amen to get'n it right before it hits the road. I had a list of goodies for my '96 T-600, and didn't "Git-er-done" BEFORE hitting the road. And, I spent the better part of my 'spare' time (missed alot of fish'n trips and family time) with my head under the hood.

KingRanch

Reaction score
Thank you. I like your "B" model. I drove a '62 "B" with a tri-plex. The passenger seat was a medal fold-out chair, and there was two bath towels on the floor (wrapped around the bottom of the shifter). No power anything. The steering, the brakes, the transmission, and the windows were are manual. And the A.C.? 2-and-60 (two windows down and 60mph). Trucks have come a long way, huh? Thank GOD!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online