Possum's interior is almost complete!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I like the idea of switching the HVAC controls with the radio. ;Sweet Nice work!

Yep i never thought of it till he came up to me and said hey grind this down for me, i said why he said just trust me, so i did then he showed me what he was doing and i thought it was pretty damn cool!

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I got the idea of swapping them a while ago because i got offered a in dash fold out screen but i figured why have it when i have to look down all the time to watch it. I had a buddy with a 92 with the radio up top and watchin his screen was easy because you didnt have to have your head tilted down all the time. I just never dug into it to see what was involved.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Damn, that looks really nice. I like to see someone do something unique. I don't know how expensive the dye was, but it seems like the cheapest fix for the seat would be to buy one from a wrecking yard or somewhere that was in better shape, and then dye it to match again. Not sure, but good job. ;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Damn, that looks really nice. I like to see someone do something unique. I don't know how expensive the dye was, but it seems like the cheapest fix for the seat would be to buy one from a wrecking yard or somewhere that was in better shape, and then dye it to match again. Not sure, but good job. ;Sweet

I think he said die was 8 dollars a can

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Nice Job on the interior! I also like the idea of switching the Radio with the Heater Controls.

I had the opportunity a wile back to install a flip up screen in my truck but passed on it because it would block the heater controls, Never gave it another thought. But now that I know it can be done I may have to look into it if I get another chance.

Also on the Duplicolor, The stuff works great! I used it for my dash and pillar gauge pod's 7 years ago and still cant tell they weren't factory color.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Again, nice job and thanks for the inspiration!

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Thanks to everybody on the positive comments ;Sweet I guess I done good lol. And Darrin Tosh.. How did you make that quage pod!! That looks awesome man. That would be the finishing touch on the possum's interior :sly

sheepman

TDS Refugee
Reaction score
I think autometer makes those. I also remember Banks and US gear selling that gauge pod at one point in time.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. But the "dye" wears off with some use. Especially in cloth

I honestly dont think you can make it threw a single post without saying something negitive about something that someone does that dont live up to your standards, as you can see in darrin tosh truck his hasnt faded a bit in years

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the swap, the radio high and the HVAC Controls low, reminds me of the Slantnose. That is the way they are laid out in there, you seem to mess with the radio more that the HVAC. I never understood why designers put the radio in a hard to reach spot. I drove a Honda Passport/Isusu Trooper at one point and the radio was actually mounted so low it was touchin the transmission hump. Also, the late 80 and 90's chevys with the radio behind the colum shifter next to the speedometer, but the tape deck was almost infront of the passenger.

I think the bricknose radio placement is not user friendly.... I drove E-2 last night, and it was out of reach. Should have kept it high in the dash, and closer to the driver.... like the Slantnose......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7