possible short?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year-models does that information apply ??

I think we are talking about his truck which is an "89"

The web shot pic's are for an "89" as the header says.

The information is from the Truck Shop Manual for "89" F-150 through 350 and F-Super Duty Bronco.

That's pretty good for someone four-score and one; most that old that I know can't tell a single-tree from a cant-hook.

A single tree is part of the hitch rigging for one Horse, and naturaly a double tree is for two horses, and a can't hook is when you can't back the horse into the @$&^%*.
My 1985 with ammeter came with a silverish-zinc-colored regulator, as is the replacement that I put on there over twenty years ago.

That's what I was refering to as the clear one.

Last edited:

farriswheel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah i found the problem. the alt. wasnt getting power to signal it to turn on. So after checking some stuff, i looked at the clip that hooks to the voltage regulator, and the input wire i believe had a broken female clip. right in half. So i put another one in and it did fine, went to like 13 and started going up from there.

I appreciate everyones input!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A single tree is part of the hitch rigging for one Horse, and naturaly a double tree is for two horses, and a can't hook is when you can't back the horse into the @$&^%*.

I sort of figured you had held a set of lines before. ;Sweet

And a "cant-hook" is that steel-hooked wooden handle that you stab into a log in order to roll it over.

That's what I was refering to as the clear one.

Thanks; I was picturing one with a see-thru cover. ;Really