possible 6.9 transportation issue

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Does it start and run??

If so, keep her full of oil and drive it down there.

You are gonna rebuild it, anyway, and I doubt it would hurt it.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does start and it does run, just not very fast. The throttle REALLY has to be pressed down to get it anywhere. I think the timing might be off for one thing, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
When do you need this moved? I'm only about 4 hours from Atlanta a few times a week. If I can find some cars coming up out of FL, I could bring it to you on the way in. I have a customer going to Miami-Lauderdale Auction within the next few weeks. Not sure I want to run a tractor trailer into Pensecola though. Might have to meet somewhere in FL & dolly in from there.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jrisingmoon said:
It does start and it does run, just not very fast. The throttle REALLY has to be pressed down to get it anywhere. I think the timing might be off for one thing, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

Head out, late some Saturday night, with someone else following in the other vehicle.

From about mid-night Saturday, to about 11:AM Sunday, the road is pretty much deserted.

It will cost some fuel, but no more than anything big enough to haul it would burn.

If it is an automatic, the sluggish pulling sounds more like a transmission issue, than an engine issue.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apextrans said:
When do you need this moved? I'm only about 4 hours from Atlanta a few times a week. If I can find some cars coming up out of FL, I could bring it to you on the way in. I have a customer going to Miami-Lauderdale Auction within the next few weeks. Not sure I want to run a tractor trailer into Pensecola though. Might have to meet somewhere in FL & dolly in from there.
I'm thinking sometime in October but this is just a guess. It largely depends on if we get a place of our own with a place to park it. We're temporarily living in my wife's cousin's house for free for the time being. The parent's of her cousin own the house, though, and plan on charging us rent at some point, but rather than pay rent on a house we don't own, we'll probably buy a house in the area and pay house payments instead. October SEEMS like the soonest as things stand now, but I doubt that'll stay the same for long.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
October is definatley car carrier season in Fla. Let me know when you want to move it. No promises but let me know.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apextrans said:
October is definatley car carrier season in Fla. Let me know when you want to move it. No promises but let me know.

Where in Florida would we meet? It looks like Jacksonville or where I-10 meets I-75 would be the most likely places.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To officially close this thread, it doesn't look like my wife and I are going to be buying a house in Pensacola after all. A rash of medical bills has shot any chance we had at buying a house so it looks like the van's going into storage until there is a somewhere else to move it to, hopefully a house we own. Maybe even a house with a decent garage so I can start the rebuild without aggravating too many neighbors.... :Sly

One can dream... -Drool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle