Possible 05 6.0 purchase need advice

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update the old girl is running great put a few hundred miles on it and she is a runner i forgot how smooth a 6.0 is

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really need a monitor for reading engine parameters. It can save you thousands. ForScan (a phone app) and an ELM327 OBDII adapter can cost under $40.

1st thing to check is the oil and coolant temperature differential.

Then you need to find out what your fuel pressure is. It must be over 45 psig at all conditions. The dealership can run this test or you can install a sensor and gauge for it. The fuel pressure monitoring will cost around $250 - $300.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another update so my father was in the hospital and it wasn't looking to good so I headed south to southern Utah in the new excursion well o ran exceptional I found the sweet spot an got just over 21 mpg and she purred the whole way with out a complaint round trip is just shy 1400 miles

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I'm late to this party... first I hope your dad is alright. Addressing the monitor i just got an Edge CTS2 MONITOR and the rest of June is you buy a CTS or CTS2 you can get a free EGT probe among other options. Plugs into the OBDII port, suction cup mount for the windshield and fully customizable. The sale price was $461. If you haven't already taken care of that I highly recommend it. Love mine.

https://edgeproducts.com/free-eas-promo/

Last edited: